Dynadot

Average sale price of YOUR domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

XYdomain

Account Closed
Impact
Guys, can i check what is the average sale price of your domains? Be it you are a big or small domainers. And is it fixed or make offer?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
$2001 ......... so it can be seen in dnjournal

•••
Not sure if this is what your asking but my average sale price for the domains that I've sold this year has been $322. If your talking on sedo, it depends on the domain name and I always make mine "make offer". It gives me a chance to push it to auction.

•••
With those kind of sales prices you guys have mentioned, do you guys felt that you were flipping your domains to another domainer? Or did you sell them to a verified end-user?

If most of your sales were to end-users, then it can prove that you don't 'necessarily' need to break your retirement and pension fund to buy an "end-user"-type domain. Even something around $2,000 doesn't seem to be obnoxiously bad, as long as you think it's worth it.

•••
My last two sedo sales were for 'adult apps' name and i do not think they domainers ...... the prices were mid xxx for these two particular sales

•••
With those kind of sales prices you guys have mentioned, do you guys felt that you were flipping your domains to another domainer? Or did you sell them to a verified end-user?

If most of your sales were to end-users, then it can prove that you don't 'necessarily' need to break your retirement and pension fund to buy an "end-user"-type domain. Even something around $2,000 doesn't seem to be obnoxiously bad, as long as you think it's worth it.

More than 50% are end user sales but you have to remember that most end users aren't millionaires. They don't buy $10,000 worth of domains. Most common end users only look at domains that are between $0-$2000. If you try to ask for too much money, you'll find that negotations break down pretty quick.

Remember, it's very important to price your domains correctly...do not overprice them, end users will see right though it.

Use google adwords keyword tool and match up recent sales to the [exact] metrics.

Search volume = recent sales (vs) Search volume = your asking price

•••
but you have to remember that most end users aren't millionaires. They don't buy $10,000 worth of domains. Most common end users only look at domains that are between $0-$2000.
It may also depend on the possible "usage" of your domains.

For example, is it a blogger-type domain? A domain fit for a college girl looking for a domain for her online diary?

If it's a "merchandisable"-type domain, $2,000 may not be that very difficult to recover from sales out of your online business.

I know a lot of affiliates who earn $2,000 per month just doing online commerce stuffs. If you spend 4,000 bucks on a good name, you're breakeven after just 2 months.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

zero, I give all my domains away for free. I'm the most generous person in the world.
You're not alone, buddy. There are thousands of domains that drop every single day.

•••
More than 50% are end user sales but you have to remember that most end users aren't millionaires. They don't buy $10,000 worth of domains. Most common end users only look at domains that are between $0-$2000. If you try to ask for too much money, you'll find that negotations break down pretty quick.

Remember, it's very important to price your domains correctly...do not overprice them, end users will see right though it.

Use google adwords keyword tool and match up recent sales to the [exact] metrics.

Search volume = recent sales (vs) Search volume = your asking price

I agree.

We can't always price our domains based on some Top sales.

In case of high priced sales it may be because of the end user wanting the domain badly. It is not same in case where you are approaching an end user to sell the domain.

•••
It may also depend on the possible "usage" of your domains.

For example, is it a blogger-type domain? A domain fit for a college girl looking for a domain for her online diary?

If it's a "merchandisable"-type domain, $2,000 may not be that very difficult to recover from sales out of your online business.

I know a lot of affiliates who earn $2,000 per month just doing online commerce stuffs. If you spend 4,000 bucks on a good name, you're breakeven after just 2 months.

Exactly...If you see cpc numbers in the $8 and up range, have good competition and lots of advertisers then you may be able to get a good chunk of change for it!

Regards,

Eric

•••
Last one a couple of weeks ago for $600 which is the highest. Others mainly around the $300 mark.

I think that now with sedos higher pricing we need to factor that into our sales.

•••
Don't really keep those stats, but I think it'd be around $1k-2k

•••
Somewhere in the low $X,XXX price range.

You are better off dealing in price ranges where the average buyer is.
That is why Toyota is the largest car company in the world and Ferrari isn't.

Brad

•••
Somewhere in the low $X,XXX price range.

You are better off dealing in price ranges where the average buyer is.

Brad

I hope to get there...soon!

•••
Average $822 last year and $993 so far this year

•••
Keep it coming. Some said is USD$1k to $1.5k

•••
However, if your garage is filled with Ferraris, you'll hate to see them get sold for the price of a Toyota.

Especially if you bought each car at auction prices.

•••
My average is about $2000. My goal was to own brandable names (so if I don't sell the names, I'll develop them myself) and I only sell a few each year.

•••
I think listing a domain for $5k is not that bad

•••
I think that such numbers/answers can be misleading.

Selling domain for $2k looks great but not if you paid $1,5k or even worse $3k

Selling 5 domains for avarage 800$ looks great ... but not when you pay $10k /year in registrations

•••

Selling 5 domains for avarage 800$ looks great ... but not when you pay $10k /year in registrations
Makes sense to me.

Much like Sex.com sold for $13 million, because the previous owners had to recoup the millions of dollars they paid for the domain years before and yet never served a single perv out there.

•••

This is very true.

more useful would probably be what average profit per domain works out.

For example if you sell say 100 domains a year and own 10,000. When adding up the total of all you sales, subtracting all domaining costs (reg fees, domain purchase costs, fees etc..) then dividing it by the domains. What is the average then??

There are so many factors involved its really difficult to really have an average. My average would probably be below $100 a domain, but I make most of my revenue through other means.

•••
>10x price paid in auction is min.target
but e/u is cheap lately, wants lower than reseller price :bah:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back