IT.COM

advice Automating domain research - Advice needed

NameSilo
Watch

Nametree

Nametree.comTop Member
Impact
Hey folks,

Like many of you, I assume, I use expireddomains.net quite frequently.

Over time I've tried to optimize searches and have come up with a list of saved searches based on a mix of criteria that matter to me (eg: .co single English words dropped daily with less than 8 characters and registered in 5+ extensions).

However, I hate that I have to go to expireddomains.net every day, check the updates for every one of my searches, select a few domains I'm interested in, check if they're still available, etc. There's got to be ways to automate further.

I know expireddomains.net doesn't have an API, but I wonder if anyone knows of any tools that would check my saved searches daily (essentially, anything that would visit the URL of a search every day at a set time). Expireddomains allows you to download CSV/text lists of domains, but I'm not always around every day at the time of the drop to check manually, so if I could set up an automation to email me said CSV every day, or add the list of names to a Google sheet, for instance, that would be GOLDEN.

----
As an aside, what other ways do folks automate their domain research?

Many thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just so you know, ED forbid any automation on the site.
Any action on-site must be handled manually.

What I do is, I download a few saved searches from ED once every 3 days.. I combine those .csv into one large file and then, via Excel's power query, I import them in my main research workbook where I do my research for the next 3 days.

The download and import process takes only a few minutes.

Ofc, what I do is vastly different from what you do since I look for domains to park and not to sell, so my way will probably be more of a hassle than of help to you.

•••
Good morning,

I use both a smartphone and a desktop pc but I limit my searching to the smartphone.

Once I have found what I was searching for I take a screenshot of the image and it is automatically saved on my phone in my photo albums neatly called 'screenshots'.

I then have a daily record of what I have searched for. When I am at my pc I add the details to an excel spreadsheet.

It is not the most high tech option but it works for me.

Good luck.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Good morning,

I use both a smartphone and a desktop pc but I limit my searching to the smartphone.

Once I have found what I was searching for I take a screenshot of the image ..

screenshots have proved to be quite valuable for keeping track of things.

Not low tech solution at all, I mean you do use latest tech to do that, don't you? :)

•••
screenshots have proved to be quite valuable for keeping track of things.

Not low tech solution at all, I mean you do use latest tech to do that, don't you? :)

Thank you.

I suppose it is more high tech than writing it on a piece of paper. I use this technique mainly for domain names that I may register at sometime in the future. I now have a list of 1,300 names. All I have to do now is work out which are the good ones and make some money.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
lol .. my Excel spreadsheet for building my lists at NameCult each day is about 30 megs! It's a monster .. but I too need to learn how to automate the importing of data .. although to be honest .. it only represents a tiny portion of the time compared to manually going through the master list.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back