Dynadot

Automatic bidder

NameSilo
Watch

miklcct

Established Member
Impact
I'm trying to bid on an LLN.com on Godaddy Auction, however whenever I make a bid it is outbid automatically by a bot.

It seems that bots are interested in these kinds of domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's interesting...didn't know there were bots or auto replies set up in the auction process...are they automatically trying to drive up the domain costs...someithing I need to keep an eye on.

•••
automatic bidder means not bot.... suppose if domain bid is 12$ now and if i place bid of 100$ but it will be 17 usd in auction until somebody else do bid on that now if third person comes and do bid of 23$ he will be outbid by me and will see message automatic bid.i will be outbidding everyone until bid reach at 101$

•••
They are not "bots". It's called proxy bidding. It's the same as bidding on eBay. If buyer 1 places a maximum bid of $100 for an item that is currently bid $20, the current bid will advance to $21, but the maximum bid stands in the background. If bidder 2 then places a maximum bid of $30, it will be immediately outbid and advance to $31, based on the outstanding maximum bid of bidder 1, etc.

There is nothing crooked about proxy bidding, as it's fairly standard auction practice. It has nothing to do with bots. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back