IT.COM

Automated "This Domain is For Sale" Landing Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi

Afternic used to offer the option of changing the NameServers on your domains to theirs and then redirecting all your domains to your Afternic listing for that domain so that type in traffic to your domains are presented with the opportunity to purchase the domain at your fixed price. However since they have switched to SmartName parking you can now only have a notice advising that the domain is for sale on the parked page and they can call a BuyDomains agent.

Sedo seems to only offer the same thing, a link on the parked page advising it is for sale where you can then click through for more information and to purchase.

However I am after a service where you can add your portfolio with prices and then change your domains NS to that service and it will then direct each domain to a "for sale" lander page where it is dedicated to the sale of the domain and people can purchase it directly through this. I could simply redirect the URL of each domain to the Sedo or Afternic listing but since I have thousands of domains in my portfolio this is not practical and would take forever.

Does anyone know of a service that can do what I require? I am happy to pay a commission if they can as it would be well worth it for me for the increased sales and saving of time.

Any reply that solves my problem and has a suitable solution will be rewarded with NP$ and Rep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can redirect the for sale links on your domains to your own portfolio sales pages at namedrive, parked, fabulous, domain sponsor, trafficz, smartname etc... I have hundreds pointing to my own sales site from smartname currently and have used all of the others I mentioned as well over the last 9 years or so. Build your own portfolio site as there are a few scripts out there and then manually forward your domains to each individual sales page or host 1 inquire page and redirect them all in bulk to the page which is quicker although a descriptive page for each domain would be better but takes some time. Don't know anyplace currently where you can have them all redirect to sales pages instantly as most markets are trying to make money off your domain parking revenue.

Last edited:
•••
1. Park all domain names with web hosting provider.
2. Install redirects via control panel of web hosting provider.

•••
4.CN have this service, and it's free, we called "custom parking page". For more information, please feel free to contact our domain broker, Sharon via email/msn [email protected]

Regards,
Justin

Last edited:
•••

I created my own.

I regged DomainMayBeForSale [dot] [com] and Domain-May-Be-For-Sale [dot][com] and threw up a quick site with all my for-sale domains pointing to it (cloaked). My email is built on the second domain and has this@ in front of it. Very clear in Whois.

Less than a month later, I'm starting to see some good rankings for the cloaked domains. (I made sure that I filled in the appropriate keywords).

I have learned that it's best not to depend on anyone else and their ever-changing TOS and their sometimes slimy practices.

•••

I created my own.

I regged DomainMayBeForSale [dot] [com] and Domain-May-Be-For-Sale [dot][com] and threw up a quick site with all my for-sale domains pointing to it (cloaked). My email is built on the second domain and has this@ in front of it. Very clear in Whois.

Less than a month later, I'm starting to see some good rankings for the cloaked domains. (I made sure that I filled in the appropriate keywords).

I have learned that it's best not to depend on anyone else and their ever-changing TOS and their sometimes slimy practices.

Can you please tell me what cloaking is exactly and how do you basically do it? I have seen it in a dozen places but never got to know what it is exactly.

•••
•••
Can you please tell me what cloaking is exactly and how do you basically do it? I have seen it in a dozen places but never got to know what it is exactly.

When you cloak (a.k.a. masking) a domain, you are simply redirecting the domain to another site (just like you normally do). However, when you cloak your redirect, you domain name URL remains in the browser box, instead of the target URL.

For example,

Let's say that you want to redirect Blurglesmorf [dot] com to Blurglesmorf.blogspot [dot]com (as far as I know, not a real site), but you want Blurglesmorf [dot] com to show in the browser box, then you would cloak the redirect (Better yet to use the custom domain option for actual sites, but that's another issue).

There are some advantages and (from what I hear) some disadvantages, one of which that search engines cannot crawl the domain without your adding the title of the website and some keywords.

I cloak only for sale domains being redirected to my domain landing page, but I am noticing that some of my cloaked names are being ranked in Google as if they were actual sites, which is a surprise. I have heard that Google frowns on cloaking, but I have given up trying to figure out what Google wants...

When you go to redirect a name, your registrar (at least GoDaddy, Dynadot, and Domainmonster) will give you two options: regular redirect or cloaked/masked redirect. In GoDaddy, it's under Advanced Options. Both terms sound a little shady, but it isn't, really. It's just a way of keeping your domain URL in the browser, which is especially handy for sales landing pages.

Hope this helps!

•••
That's actually more commonly called a framed redirect.

"Cloaking" is a blackhat term for when you show different content to different people.

Ie. If you were to show google a page full of keywords when they crawl your site, but show the people who visit your site something different than what google is shown.

•••
That's actually more commonly called a framed redirect.

"Cloaking" is a blackhat term for when you show different content to different people.

Ie. If you were to show google a page full of keywords when they crawl your site, but show the people who visit your site something different than what google is shown.

I agree that "framed redirect" is a better term, but registrars often use cloak or mask in their terminology.

I don't advocate black hat activities.

;)

•••
MyDNStore - Domain Sales Script

You may be interested in MyDNStore.

It's easy to use, looks good, and is free!

•••
MyDNStore seems like a good idea.
I logged on to demo account, but couldn't make a normal listing. When creating a listing it offers different fields than it shows on "complete" listing. I didn't find a place where to enter my name, I had an option to enter registrar and expiry date, but it didn't show on complete listing...
The demo certainly didn't make want to use this service, even though I really would like to use it :(

•••
I can't explain why you were seeing what you are, but I think those issues wn't be a problem when you install the script. I did not think it was perfect either, since the store description shows on every page. But with just a few small modifications I thought it was attractive and most of what I was looking for since hosted domains each display their own sales page. Once I get some time to work on it I play to use it for some of my domains.

•••
I am bumping this post as it fits to what I am looking for. Want to try some new landers for domains that are for sale. Now I use Domain name Sales and some of Afternics. Want to test a handful of domains that I can just plug in info and it will spit out a nice looking landing page that I can forward to or change the DNS if I have to.

Besides parking companys or Godaddy free 1 page web builder what other templates (wordpress woould be ideal) or companies offer such a thing.

•••
Nattydomain,

you could do a godaddy combination. upload a list to their auction service, and upload the same list to their cash parking service.

the parking system allows a little bit of customization, and you can choose to have a link to the auction page for the domain and a contact link.

•••
Hi

Afternic used to offer the option of changing the NameServers on your domains to theirs and then redirecting all your domains to your Afternic listing for that domain so that type in traffic to your domains are presented with the opportunity to purchase the domain at your fixed price. However since they have switched to SmartName parking you can now only have a notice advising that the domain is for sale on the parked page and they can call a BuyDomains agent.

Sedo seems to only offer the same thing, a link on the parked page advising it is for sale where you can then click through for more information and to purchase.

However I am after a service where you can add your portfolio with prices and then change your domains NS to that service and it will then direct each domain to a "for sale" lander page where it is dedicated to the sale of the domain and people can purchase it directly through this. I could simply redirect the URL of each domain to the Sedo or Afternic listing but since I have thousands of domains in my portfolio this is not practical and would take forever.

Does anyone know of a service that can do what I require? I am happy to pay a commission if they can as it would be well worth it for me for the increased sales and saving of time.

Any reply that solves my problem and has a suitable solution will be rewarded with NP$ and Rep.

Do you mean a landing page such as these: www.bandmanager.com, www.companyrecruiter.com ?

Edit - just realized i responded to a question asked 4 years ago. lol

@Nattydomain check above. I also wrote a blog post on the subject a few months back: http://blog.efty.com/post/83511257405/parking-is-dead-how-efty-solves-it

Last edited:
•••
I know this post is old but it asked a question I had. Also looking into a site that charges monthly but not sure that is the way I want to go. They offer 60 templates to be used for unlimited domains.

@dv82 thanx will check it out

•••
@Nattydomain thanks for bumping this up, I've had similar questions. Can you say which pay options you are considering?

@dv82 what you are working on sounds awesome and i would love to check it out.

•••
@Nattydomain thanks for bumping this up, I've had similar questions. Can you say which pay options you are considering?

@dv82 what you are working on sounds awesome and i would love to check it out.

Thanks. We're in private beta now but feel free to PM me and I can add you.

•••
•••
You may want to try empage.me You'll be able to get sale landers for all your domains in a few clicks, each having domain name in title and on page. Responsive design, no registration required. Oh, and it's free :)

Examples

Brandiana.com
Feel.name

Last edited:
•••
Check out the domain sales page script in my sig.
It looks like exactly what you are seeking.
The script supports an unlimited number of domains, and inquiries go directly to your email.

•••
I use nameserver.io to create nameservers that will still point my names to buy it now pages. Example Yizzu.com

•••
At http://www.Lysted.com - you can add all the domains and point your name servers to theirs. Interesting, thread started in 2010 and is still relevant.

•••
----

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back