domains AutoDNS releases Chrome extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

AutoDNS has released a chrome extension to give you domain name info right away. There will be 7 features listed in the chrome extension including social media data and whois information. The AutoDNS Chrome extension extracts the most important domain data in the blink of an eye for research on the go – directly in […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some nice features, will give it a whirl.....

Hope people don't get to excited about the similar domain feature and start registering "confusingly similar" domains, I'm pretty sure it's just asking for someone to stick their hand in the cookie jar......Even though they have marketed it as registering domains that contain "your" brand or site name......

•••
Do you have to register and complete the payment options to get this too work. I registered but balked at providing a payment option. I'm not seeing anything? Any ideas?

•••
I still have nothing. I have done everything but sign up for their paid service. But for me at least, it doesn't provide ANYTHING at all. @equity78 @NickB

•••
haven't logged in to Namepros this week until today.....I can see the basic information in the extension , it does ask for payment info - Not sure it will give me any additional info on the extension if I fill in the payment section, doesn't look like it, so I'll not bother filling it in....

It's pretty basic info - will play around with over the weekend on different sites and have a good look around

Attachments

• Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    266.2 KB · Views: 41
•••
@NickB So you can register without entering any payment info? Or do you have to provide payment info, but are not asked to select a payment plan until after you are registered? This was why I didn't register.

•••
@NickB So you can register without entering any payment info? Or do you have to provide payment info, but are not asked to select a payment plan until after you are registered? This was why I didn't register.
I registered first then it asked me to provide payment info - I think you don't even have to register to use the extension, registering adds no additional info to the extension......

•••
Customer snare, luring in, milking money.

Such things should be provided for free, unless you need a ton of data (premium user). Like Dotible offers.

Edit: Dotible doesn't offer all these features yet but we have others not listed here, and will add these too soonish.

Last edited:
•••
( Some thoughts: I should probably make an extension for both Chrome and Firefox that provides such data. Free, no registration, no payment details, what the hell is that for such basic info? Anyway, will look into it next. )

•••
( Some thoughts: I should probably make an extension for both Chrome and Firefox that provides such data. Free, no registration, no payment details, what the hell is that for such basic info? Anyway, will look into it next. )

Thank you. Appreciated. I didn't really like registering for these services. Dotible in much better IMHO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back