Dynadot

RULES Auction question

NameSilo
Watch

koyn78

Established Member
Impact
Hello, i have a question about domain auction, could find an answer, mybe i'm missing something.

Lets say i list a domain for sale an auction, now, the auction is finished, but the price (bids)...mmm...is not what i expected to be...

Can i cancel the auction or reopen it?

Or there is rules that i need to put on post that i want the price be xx?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thats called Reserved price.
I am not sure on which platform you are asking about but on NamePros you can mention in the auction post if you want. And yes you have to mention the reserve price in the OP or before any bidding starts.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Reserves are NOT allowed on namePros. Here's the official rule:
6.2.2. Reserve prices for auctions are not permitted; auction holders (sellers) must set a starting bid that they are prepared to accept.
Additionally, you must honor your auction and sell to the highest bidder. Here's the official rule on that:
6.2.10. Auction holders (sellers) must sell to the highest bidder with a valid bid at the end of the auction or to the first buyer to accept a valid Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price before the auction ends. If the BIN price matches the current high bid, then the auction ends immediately with the current high bidder as the winner. Rule 6.1.17 applies.
You can find all the official auction rules here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/#section-060200

I hope that helps,

•••
Hello,

Reserves are NOT allowed on namePros. Here's the official rule:
6.2.2. Reserve prices for auctions are not permitted; auction holders (sellers) must set a starting bid that they are prepared to accept.
Additionally, you must honor your auction and sell to the highest bidder. Here's the official rule on that:
6.2.10. Auction holders (sellers) must sell to the highest bidder with a valid bid at the end of the auction or to the first buyer to accept a valid Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price before the auction ends. If the BIN price matches the current high bid, then the auction ends immediately with the current high bidder as the winner. Rule 6.1.17 applies.
You can find all the official auction rules here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/#section-060200

I hope that helps,
Hmmm... but, good to know!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back