Dynadot

auctions Auction ends, No bids - What's Sedo's policy? Other cos.?

NameSilo
Watch

LisaD

Impact
I'm new. Learned the other day that on Godaddy if an auction gets no bids (even if you set a reserve, I think), the minimum bid will be knocked down to $11, and then a dollar less each day.

Their email confirming the auction is set up does say it takes "up to 72 hours" to be active. But it ends with, "To verify that your listing has become active, please log in to your account and go to your selling list after 72 hours."

I checked back after 48 hrs. Turned out my 2 auctions became active right after the email. I had 5 days, 11hrs left in my 7-day auction. By the next day, I came across the no-bid policy.

I deleted the auctions. I'd hoped to social media my way into enough traffic to land in "Most Active" and the Godaddy front pages. But I had lost some time and wasn't sure of my chances.

I've been looking for (and not finding, somehow) Sedo's policy on auctions that don't receive bids. Do they simply return return the domain to the seller because their $59 auction charge covers them? Are there other auctioneers that follow GoDaddy's policy, or something else a seller might balk at? What about Afternic, to whom GoDaddy is literally Daddy? (I can be corny sometimes.)

Thanks for telling me whatever you know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Auctions are all the same everywhere, meaning that if you put a reserve price and that price is met then you have to proceed with the transaction if the buyer pays. Be it a house, domain name, or Stephanie Matto's last jar of farts, it doesn't matter, neither the platform.

•••
Upvote 0
Biders usually bid waiting last time, they hope not attracting other buyers with initial bid. I sold 4 letters dot com at Godaddy auction, and bid placed just minute before last and reserve was reached. I sold a .co.uk at Ebay at $650, and bids war happened just minutes before auction closed too. If it is a good domain, it must be sold, no matter the platform.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back