.tv Astrology.tv sells for 25,000 Euros

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Sedo report this week, registered since 2005, non premium.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also, Viking.tv went for $9,500 and Indoor.tv for $3,000.

•••
Congrats to the sellers but my word of caution to newbies seeing such reports is to not just jump in to .TV or any non-.COM TLD because of reported sales. Kind of like they say with mutual funds - past performance is no guarantee of future results. I am beginning to get the feeling that domaining is more of a lottery scenario where you never know where a deep-pocketed buyer is going to come from. Meanwhile, most end users are tightwads when it comes to spending on domain names.

•••
25,000 Euros = $27,878.80 -- Making Astrology.tv the best .tv sale I've seen in some time.

And, it helps me price CosmologyTV.com - should I decide to put it on the market.

•••
25,000 Euros = $27,878.80 -- Making Astrology.tv the best .tv sale I've seen in some time.

And, it helps me price CosmologyTV.com - should I decide to put it on the market.

just a note,
I don't think cosmology is related to astrology

•••
Im not a native english speaker but Astrology is related to 'Prediction Arts' and Tarot and such and Cosmology has to do with the Cosmos ( Galaxies and such) real stuff. So don't price it related to this sale.

•••
Im not a native english speaker but Astrology is related to 'Prediction Arts' and Tarot and such and Cosmology has to do with the Cosmos ( Galaxies and such) real stuff. So don't price it related to this sale.

correct

•••
Think a little harder.

While one is based on fact, and the other on belief... they both have passionate markets, around the same constellations, in the same universe.

In business, you price the subject matter. Not the fact some are driven to buy based on fact, and others on theory.

Besides, astrology is a cosmology... like Metaphysical Cosmology, and Religious Cosmology. In the end, literally... they all seek to define the universe and its meaning.

Full Definition of COSMOLOGY
a : a branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of the universe
b : a theory or doctrine describing the natural order of the universe
c : a branch of astronomy that deals with the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe; also : a theory dealing with these matters

just a note,
I don't think cosmology is related to astrology

•••
Think a little harder.

While one is based on fact, and the other on belief... they both have passionate markets, around the same constellations, in the same universe.

But the public spends money on astrology. Cosmology has much less of a commercial reach. There is a market, but it is nowhere near as mass market as astrology is, unfortunately.

•••
Think a little harder.

In business, you price the subject matter. Not the fact some are driven to buy based on fact, and others on theory.

Besides, astrology is a cosmology... like Metaphysical Cosmology, and Religious Cosmology. In the end, literally... they all seek to define the universe and its meaning.

Full Definition of COSMOLOGY
a : a branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of the universe
b : a theory or doctrine describing the natural order of the universe
c : a branch of astronomy that deals with the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe; also : a theory dealing with these matters

Since I'm Greek and both words are greek, I just wanted to note the fact that they have different meaning both in Greek and in English.
That post was intended to help and not to reduce the quality of your domain, that's all.

I totally understand your thinking though and wish you luck with the sale.

•••
Astrology - GAKP shows 673k monthly searches with PPC of $0.32

.TV does not work with just any keyword so search stats alone can be misleading

•••
The "public", spends much more money on cosmology... than individuals do on astrologers.
Consider the cost of scientific research, backed by major corps. governments, and institutions, alone.

Then, compare the individual wealth of the top Cosmologists, like Stephen Hawking, or Einstein... whose estate still likely earns more than the top ten astrologers combined.

Who are the top astrologers the public is spending so much more money on anyway???

•••
In America (and I'm sure elsewhere), they spend all kinds of money on astrology, just look at the .com. It encompasses horoscopes, tarot, psychic mumbo jumbo etc. Astrology vs. Cosmology in any extension, I take astrology every time. Astrology is a consumer product. There are affiliate programs for it even, cosmology, no. Late night infomercials (TV matches the extension), paid phone stuff etc. Try apps, all over the place.

Exact Match

astrology app - 880
cosmology app - 0, nobody looking for this in the whole world

astrology - 673,000 - over 16 times the search volume
cosmology - 40,500

Last edited:
•••
The "public", spends much more money on cosmology... than individuals do on astrologers.
Consider the cost of scientific research, backed by major corps. governments, and institutions, alone.

Then, compare the individual wealth of the top Cosmologists, like Stephen Hawking, or Einstein... whose estate still likely earns more than the top ten astrologers combined.

Who are the top astrologers the public is spending so much more money on anyway???

You're too attached to your domain and not listening to rational explanations. You are also confusing 'commercial' with 'government' and 'institutional' markets.

JB lions hit the nail on the head. The public seeks out astrology in much greater numbers than 'cosmology'. To be honest, you don't even have the best name for it - astronomy.tv would be better. Some numbers from the keyword planner:

cosmology - averaging just under 3 million monthly searches
astronomy - averaging around 12 million monthly searches
astrology - averaging around 18 million monthly searches

Putting cosmology and astronomy together doesn't even get to the number of monthly searches for astrology.

Some people may enjoy astronomy. Students may research it for class. Governments and institutions may spend billions on space exploration. But the general public isn't seeking it out the way they seek out astrology information.

Many people like their horoscopes and read them every day - keyword planner shows about 20 million average searches per month for 'horoscope'. Put that together with 'astrology' and it crushes cosmology.

That's just the truth - there is a bigger consumer demand for astrology, the market is more open to small players and is much more fluid, so products aimed at the consumers can be more profitable.

There is no way to relate the value of astrology.tv to cosmology.tv. They both may have a link to outer space, but that's all the link there is.

•••
I have gemology.tv (non-premium); it's got to be worth something, maybe not as much as astrology.tv.

:)

•••
Sure is a lot of 'mumbo jumbo' going around.

Psychic Services Industry -- $2 Billion a year. Employs 83,884 people.
Astrology, Palmistry, Cartomancy, Mediumship, Aura reading, Lithomancy, Numerology, Psychometry

Aerospace combo: $124 Billion - Employs 500,000 Directly. (another 700,000 indirectly)
Cosmology / Space by itself: $31.82 billion

People searching for their horoscope is not much of a business.

Astrology "Affiliate programs, late night infomercials, and apps all over the place"... can't seriously be discussed, much less compared to the economic value of Cosmology 'programs', like Einstein's Relativity, which makes modern communications (like the web), and so much more, possible.

Perhaps, you're so attached to the domainer mumbo jumbo on what determines value you're not listening to the rational, factual, market indicators I use to value CosmologyTV.

Be that as it may. Time to Space.

•••
Aerospace combo: $124 Billion - Employs 500,000 Directly. (another 700,000 indirectly)
Cosmology / Space by itself: $31.82 billion

Nice try but the word cosmology isn't even on that page, I get 0 results. It says:
Space: $31.82 billion. You just tried to pull one over. You don't have SpaceTV.com or Space.TV

We're talking about domains, and usually we want to sell to endusers who will make a site. Now, why don't you tackle the stats in my last post. In interest to people, it doesn't compare.

"domainer mumbo jumbo"

Sales aren't mumbo jumbo, they're reality.

http://namebio.com/

astrology - 15 sales with this one
cosmology - 1 sale, cosmology.net $2,000

Your goal is to sell your domain right?

Plus, there are probably lots of people out there that when they see Cosmology, have Cosmetology in their head. It only has an extra 2 letters, ET

ET_The_Extraterrestrial.jpg

Last edited:
•••
If you think cosmology is 60 times bigger than astrology, then you should be able to get 1.5 million euro for cosmology.tv, right?

You are in denial. You're lumping non-related things (aerospace includes earth bound flight, you know) in order to prove to everyone - and maybe yourself - that you're right.

The problem is you're wrong and you refuse to admit it. Astrology and Cosmology are related at the very smallest level - supposedly about outer space. You can't use one to establish the value of another.

Last edited:
•••
I will add that I believe that this sale is outside what might be considered normal for a .TV keyword which is not overly videocentric and whose commercial value despite the search volume is not as common as more common retail products. Personally I don't believe I have ever met anyone who spends money on astrology. Yes, one can find free horoscopes in the newspaper and I believe I have seen random handmade signs near shopping centers offering read your palm services for $10. Monetization potential??? But it only takes one buyer so the seller did a phenomenal job of extracting max sales price for a domain I would have sold for ~5% of this price.

•••
Hi, I disagree on this. People spend a lot of money in astrology (for sure in Italy). In addiction to prediction there are books and on tv/radio is a topic covered by every channel.

•••
In Uk it's common to see astrology features on tv & there is small phone in / chat tv channels dedicated to astrology.
Lots of endusers & monetization routes for astrology websites / tv channels. imho

•••
they spend all kinds of money on astrology, just look at the .com. It encompasses horoscopes, tarot, psychic mumbo jumbo etc. x --- x Nice try but the word cosmology isn't even on that page, I get 0 results.

You expanded astrology to include all the trades in the Psychic Services field its in. So I did the same with cosmology.

Also, the word Astrology is not on the Psychic Services page I linked to either... 'I get 0 results'
I broke down the list from another page, and could do the same with Cosmology -in the Space field... but honestly didn't think anybody would claim that because the author did not break down all the fields in the Space Industry... that Cosmology is not included.

The domainer stats are just that, mostly geared to parking. End-users in the science field don't really care what the search traffic is on Cosmology, or how many Astrology names sold etc..

The bottom line is, the next time I get an inquiry about CosmologyTV.com I will mention the price Astrology.TV sold for... End Of Story!

•••
The bottom line is, the next time I get an inquiry about CosmologyTV.com I will mention the price Astrology.TV sold for... End Of Story!

Good strategy if you want to make a potential buyer laugh.

•••
Cosmology grew out of astrology, like a superstitious boy evolving into a scientific man... who still uses 'his' (sky drawings of celestial bodies) / astrological Signs of The Zodiac in the star maps of today.

If you think cosmology is 60 times bigger than astrology, then you should be able to get 1.5 million euro for cosmology.tv, right?

You are in denial. You're lumping non-related things (aerospace includes earth bound flight, you know) in order to prove to everyone - and maybe yourself - that you're right.

The problem is you're wrong and you refuse to admit it. Astrology and Cosmology are related at the very smallest level - supposedly about outer space. You can't use one to establish the value of another.

•••
Cosmology grew out of astrology, like a superstitious boy evolving into a scientific man... who still uses 'his' (sky drawings of celestial bodies) / astrological Signs of The Zodiac in the star maps of today.

Trivia doesn't sell domains. It doesn't create demand either.

If you get a serious potential buyer - someone who cares about cosmology / astrology - those are the types that usually get disgusted when someone someone confuses what they do / like with astrology.

To them astrology is junk - a foolish preoccupation. What they do is serious.
Equating the two to them is generally an insult.

If your plan is to tell one of these people that they should pay X amount for cosmology.tv because astrology.tv went for 25K euros - well, that's not really a good approach to dealing with someone who is serious about the subject. You're more likely to hurt your case rather than help it.

•••
Back