IT.COM

question-answered As a skincare brand, what are some of the domain names that you would recommend?

NameSilo
Watch

symakhan

Impact
Hey Guys

I have recently started my skincare brand. My products are amazing, and they are very popular in my locality. But now, I want to go a step further and make it professional. As registering a business is a bit expensive, I have decided to start an e-commerce site for my business.
But as you know, it requires a professional quality website with a custom domain name and hosting. As you know, the domain is the identity of your business, and it is very important to have a good one. It is the first thing that a customer or client will see before deciding whether to buy from you or not.
Nowadays, .com domains are very popular and considered more professional than others. But they are also quite expensive. Other domains like .net and .org are popular but are not as expensive as .com domains.
I have already reserved a domain name for my business. But I am not sure about the hosting yet. I will have to do some research on that. Therefore I am here to ask you all about the domain and hosting. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations?

As a skincare brand, what are some of the domain names that you would recommend?

What should I keep in mind when choosing a domain name for my business?

Which company would you recommend for hosting?

Is hosting and domain name the same thing?

From where can I find coupons or discounts for my domain name? Is there any website offering discounts on domain and hosting services?

Thank you for your time! I appreciate it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Guys

I have recently started my skincare brand. My products are amazing, and they are very popular in my locality. But now, I want to go a step further and make it professional. As registering a business is a bit expensive, I have decided to start an e-commerce site for my business.
Keep in mind, running an online eCommerce can work for freelancers and independent contractors and actually have a few good tax incentives/deductions filing as self-employed, however, there may still be federal and or State tax filing and licensing requirements to operate a business in that state or municipality.

Generally, once you transition from hobby or freelance income it becomes more important to register the business with the state and or at least file an assumed name certificate in addition to any permit or licensing requirements you have where your business address/establishment is.

It really comes down to what your core goals are for now and how far up a level you're looking to scale this time. Definitely don't bite off more than you can chew, but test the boundaries at least when you feel you're ready. It can be an empowering and motivational moment when your business is certified and documented in your State.
But as you know, it requires a professional quality website with a custom domain name and hosting. As you know, the domain is the identity of your business, and it is very important to have a good one. It is the first thing that a customer or client will see before deciding whether to buy from you or not.
Correct. I completely agree.... Brainstorming and coming up with a creative brand can be fun and hair-pulling all at the same time. The creative aspects and skill-sets required to effectively go from thought, to sketch, to concept, to print are essential to founding a new business venture.
Nowadays, .com domains are very popular and considered more professional than others. But they are also quite expensive. Other domains like .net and .org are popular but are not as expensive as .com domains.
Random Trivia: .net was actually released before .com.

You are correct, .com is and has been an industry heavy-weight contender for quite some time. They can be a bit more pricey, but also retain their long-term value better than some of the other extensions. At least for now.

History has shown that the average (across the board) floor values have declined a bit since all the new gTLD saturation. However, they have also shown the exemplary ability to bounce back and retain a higher value threshold than most of it's counterparts.

Keep in mind, Contrary to popular belief, a freelance independent contractor that is self-employed, is still a type of end user that is also a domain investor (They can be independents, partners, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, non-profits, or even government agencies). They invest in a domain name asset to develop for the purpose of generating revenue or delivering an important message to an online audience/customer base. Every hour and penny they put into that domain names development is still an investment into their digital asset (property), increasing the value, and potential. Most end-users have no intention of reselling a domain asset, however, it does still happen as part of company takeovers and acquisitions.

In short, it's an investment into your business, so make it count. If you can afford it, go with the .com to at least retain some more potential liquidity in the future.
I have already reserved a domain name for my business. But I am not sure about the hosting yet. I will have to do some research on that. Therefore I am here to ask you all about the domain and hosting. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations?
Reserved? So, you picked a domain with your skincare brand name, but you don't own the domain yet?
As a skincare brand, what are some of the domain names that you would recommend?
Is your product a DYI or is it a white-label partnership with someone elses product and your brand on it?

I ask, because it's important to understand some of the legalities, liabilities, and development phase you are in before starting the brainstorm process.

It's just as important to know the mission statement, theme, target demographics, etc.. of your business to tap into the creative side of the brain for potential Brand names that would work for your specific business model and sub-niche.
What should I keep in mind when choosing a domain name for my business?
What I mentioned above (E.g. target demographics, target customer, brand theme, product/service line, a brand that can pass the test of time, memorable, authoritative feeling in it's niche industry, etc.)
Which company would you recommend for hosting?
Personally, I've been using Godaddy for my domain registrations and hosting needs for over 15+ Years.
Is hosting and domain name the same thing?
No. Your domain asset is a blank canvas of digital domain property. It may or may not have current or future value based on the industry and related markets demand. There is a yearly renewal fee associated with owning a domain name asset.

If you want to develop a digital business on your digital domain property, you will need a hosting service to connect your domain real estate to the world wide web, so you can broadcast your message, brand, website, services, products, etc.. There is a monthly (or yearly) renewal fee for hosting services, email services, SSL services, etc., all part of your online business operations costs.

many hosting companies these days offer free website or wordpress builders/set-ups to help you get a quick generic templated website up and running cost effectively. I generally suggest that you have a professional do your website to help ensure that your retention, authority, and trust elements are implemented correctly and aesthetically. Broken code, blurry images, conflicting color palettes, etc. can destroy your ability to keep visitors on your site.
From where can I find coupons or discounts for my domain name? Is there any website offering discounts on domain and hosting services?

Thank you for your time! I appreciate it.
You're in luck, namePros has a Coupons and Offers section to find promotions located here: https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-coupons-and-offers.358/

Welcome to namePros and good luck with your new online business venture.

Last edited:
•••

Care.skin
Best.skin
Weird.skin
skin.solutions
3dprinting.skin?

Last edited:
•••
Hi

naming a product, is about the label claims, of the what the product does or is supposed to do.

in the skin game, there are many terms to choose from based on the percentage of ingredients contained.

take a domain like > "vitacream.com"

what does it make you think it will do for your skin?

or
a domain like "regenerativecosmetics.com" as the name of the company
what kind of products do you think they manufacture?

so, from that perspective, you may want something that "speaks" to the mind of the consumer

on other hand, you could choose a made-up word, but associating it to the product and the products' usefulness, may cost more on the marketing end.

as for hosting, i got no clue

imo....

•••
Hey, thank you, everyone, for replying!

I did some research, and accordingly, I recommend looking for a .com domain name that is short, easy to spell, and relevant to your brand. You can use a domain name generator to help you brainstorm ideas. When choosing a domain name for your business, you should remember that it should be easy to spell, remember, and be relevant to your brand.

There are many domain name providers, such as GoDaddy, Namecheap, Hover, and 1&1. I recommend researching each of these companies to see which is the best fit for you and your business. And for discounts or deals on domain names, you can check out sites like coupongot.com or offers.com. These sites regularly update their deals, so check back often!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back