domains .ART Launches Matching ENS and DNS Domains for the Web3 World

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

.Art put out a press release announcing a new feature to bridge the gap between Web 2 and Web3. .ART is the first domain registry to offer this innovative matching domain capability across both ENS and DNS, making .ART domains more powerful and useful than any other blockchain capable domains. From the release: New Feature […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is cool! :xf.love:

I think this sort of parallel implementation is the way to go, where different implementations of decentralized web will complement and enhance the legacy centralized web, instead of trying to compete with each other.

Also, making sure that example.art will have the same ownership in both the centralized world and the decentralized world will help the smooth transition, which ever way the future goes.

Having said that, there is a problem they'll still have to address. One of the promises of the decentralized web is that it is supposed to be censorship resistant from the centralized registries. With this collaboration, the centralized registries will gain a foothold into the decentralized counterpart. Hence, the features like being censorship resistant will no longer apply.

Your thoughts?

•••
This is cool! :xf.love:

I think this sort of parallel implementation is the way to go, where different implementations of decentralized web will complement and enhance the legacy centralized web, instead of trying to compete with each other.

Also, making sure that example.art will have the same ownership in both the centralized world and the decentralized world will help the smooth transition, which ever way the future goes.

Having said that, there is a problem they'll still have to address. One of the promises of the decentralized web is that it is supposed to be censorship resistant from the centralized registries. With this collaboration, the centralized registries will gain a foothold into the decentralized counterpart. Hence, the features like being censorship resistant will no longer apply.

Your thoughts?
Thank you for your warm support, Fayaz Ahmed!

Allow me to introduce myself briefly: I'm SpaceMo, my web3 pseudonym, and I'm a member of the Protocol.art team, which focuses on integrating .art DNS domains into ENS. We have planned numerous innovations to be implemented by the end of this year, ones that the domain industry in WEB2 hasn't seen before. To stay updated with the latest developments, I would recommend following our news on Twitter.

Thank you once again, and let's stay connected!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back