NameSilo

Are You Ready For An Explosion In Domain Sales?

Labeled as analysis in Domain Industry News, started by Ategy, May 29, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The straw that broke the camel's back:
    I'm going to bow out of this conversation here. One has to acknowledge when they're talking into the abyss with no chance of sane discussion.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. wallet2it

wallet2it Deep Thinker @ DeepThink.org VIP

Your dislike of Facebook seems to coming from political perspective. I am refraining from any political discussion. I agree they are not essential and can be used for for bad intentions. But I don’t think that’s Mr. Zuckerberg’s fault. He made this platform for us to use and we can decide to use it in a good way or bad way. He also obtained Instagram etc. FB is crucial to many businesses ...people write reviews on FB and make groups....and Facebook marketplace....Mr.Zuckerberg is doing his best to combine many different Niches. He is a good guy. Moral guy and successful businessman. :)

3. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur VIP

They provided flawed system that allows anyone with big budget to manipulate people by exploiting their private data.. they created a monster that is now out of control.

If it is about business then stick to business advertising, why these social platforms dont ban or disallow political advertising? What stops them from doing that other than greed?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  4. wallet2it

I can’t comment on the second part as it is pertaining to politics

The first part: well they are for profit business. Any media Abc Cnn or Fox News whatever all does the same thing...especially now they are public traded companies ....many investors will push the company to make more profits so their stock price will go higher....ultimately it comes down to us to make good judgements and to not believe everything is on web or TV....

5. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM VIP Gold Account

Here is another truth of Facebook:
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-03 at 2.49.05 PM.jpeg

6. Haroon Basha

A good guy will not compromise with morality and ethics. He has created a platform which he is not able to fully control or may be he is not willing to control.

7. ausersite

ausersite New Member

What must be remembered is, that facebook was never facebook, it was intended as a college/ gallery, and then it went further from there to public, where private data was eventually used, with advertising making money for the site.

8. Ostrados

This came out yesterday:

Facebook to ban state-controlled media from running ads on its network
    Facebook starts labeling ‘state-controlled media’ pages

This announcement clearly shows that FB are well aware about their flawed advertising system and the damage it is doing "globally". Although it is too late for this step but better late than never. The ban will only be applied to US advertising, they should also expand the ban to global advertising not only the US.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  9. Haroon Basha

What about those media houses, though they call themselves as privately owned, but in reality they act as mouth piece of the ruling government. For example most of the TV channels in India. Will Facebook ban them too?

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

It is a good point, and I think you are right they would never seriously curtail Twitter, but I read on Business Insider that they actually did back in April release their own app to replace the news and social media sites.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...phone-app-mobilize-army-trump-election-2019-9

11. wallet2it

“Social media gives more people a voice and provides a powerful tool for value creation and competitive differentiation.”

- Advanced Human Technologies, 2010

12. wallet2it

Facebook or twitter is not privately owned...They are public traded companies. That's why they have multiple obligation and responsibility to people, investors, government, etc etc etc......Any decision may be liked by some but hated by the others. You can't satisfy all.

13. Ostrados

He was talking about FB recent ban on state controlled media. see my post above

14. Ostrados

That's why I think the ban should not be based on state controlled media, but should be a ban on political advertising in general regardless of the owner.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice