Dynadot

poll Are you making consistent 5 figures every month?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you making 5 figures per month consistent?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    12.8%
  • No

votes
    87.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
Any full time domainers having 5 figure sales every month, if yes ..what's your portfolio size ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@hawkeye

See the screenshot from Afternic panel. 6 sales YTD for gross of $38,298 and net of $31,538. Plus another $1250 net from GD broker, resulting in almost $40K gross/$33K net from 7 transactions from GD/AN this year.

$20K+ from 9 sales at brandable markets gross (around $14K+ net)

$15K gross/net from Sedo Brokerage

$14K gross/net from direct inbound

$3K gross and $1.5K net from NP sales

Total of $92K+ gross, $78K net over 7 months.

Show attachment 94579

Nice keep it up

•••
On average, yes. Plus domain parking revenue.
Not full-time, portfolio contains around 500 domain names.

sale.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I mean total income in 5 figures from domaining every month, it may be by selling multiple domains

Does it have to be just from domaining ;) or can it be internet business’ as well

•••
•••
Not there yet. But will get there and surpass it

•••
•••
•••
@hawkeye

See the screenshot from Afternic panel. 6 sales YTD for gross of $38,298 and net of $31,538. Plus another $1250 net from GD broker, resulting in almost $40K gross/$33K net from 7 transactions from GD/AN this year.

$20K+ from 9 sales at brandable markets gross (around $14K+ net)

$15K gross/net from Sedo Brokerage

$14K gross/net from direct inbound

$3K gross and $1.5K net from NP sales

Total of $92K+ gross, $78K net over 7 months.

Show attachment 94579
Thanks for sharing such great info @Recons.Com , I agree with @VaibhavA - not many people would be so transparent with their numbers (y) . These type of posts surely get your adrenaline pumping again :xf.grin:

•••
Thanks for sharing such great info @Recons.Com , I agree with @VaibhavA - not many people would be so transparent with their numbers (y) . These type of posts surely get your adrenaline pumping again :xf.grin:

Thank you! I like encouraging with caution though :)

This is the industry similar to space programs ) You make a fraction of a degree mistake at launch, you end up far off your goal :)

I am considerably reducing my non dotcoms now as I learned hard way that even quality names in .co, .us, .org are really hard even to break even.

Also, no academy will teach you what comes with years of experience of what sells and what does not. I'd encourage everyone trying outbound. You will probably not sell, but you will gauge how companies and organizations think about domains, how decision making work (doesn't work more like it), what are their concerns etc. You will see that most people have no clue what is the difference between a domain name and a website etc. This will help with your purchasing as well.

•••
•••
5 fig monthly is not common .

•••
Awsome @owntype (y) Those figures are highly motivating, Great Sales :xf.smile:

well he started long time ago... most will never own quality names like his..just look at his signature name...

•••
well he started long time ago... most will never own quality names like his..just look at his signature name...
I checked out his signature before I posted...signature leads to a "coming soon" site.

•••
I checked out his signature before I posted...signature leads to a "coming soon" site.

i thought I might be misunderstood :)

I meant look at his signature name...

without necessarily clicking on it ;)

cheers

•••
i thought I might be misunderstood :)

I meant look at his signature name...

without necessarily clicking on it ;)

cheers
Totally forgot about the significance of the "badge"...

•••
Totally forgot about the significance of the "badge"...

lol

okay.. now I just feel stupid :) jk

let me explain in detail:

I said... look at his signature name.. and without necessarily clicking on it..

what do you get? you get domainname..com

a very high quality pricey name :)

so if thats a taste of his 500 name folio... which I suspect might be even way better.. then that sure helps the sales figures... and is unfortunately like nothing that most of us will ever own...

in short.. some people will make 5 to 6 figures.. per month.. but they represent the minority.. small one at that.. of domainers. whereas this thread seems to approach this question and topic as if they did represent the majority.

the only majority we can speak of here.. is that majority of domainers know that only small minority makes 5-6 figures per month :)

cheers
:)

Last edited:
•••
I am finding it very hard to believe 15% of members according to poll are making that much a month in 2018 what with most categories of sales being down big time over past few years (except 1 word dictionary words), Chinese Chips way down, lots of crypto names down, EMD keywords way down, etc. and parking revenue being down more than 95% in past 10 years or so. Even in the hey-days prior to 2010 15% earning 5k every month was rare, imo.

•••
@owntype Am I reading that right..August 350,000 June 100,000 ????

Thanks, yes, that was two sales made via Escrow.com, one direct sale and another one via a broker.

Thank you for the kind words :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
Nice..very nice! I am jealous!

@alcy I like to keep it simple, I am not much of a detective
https://www.namepros.com/pages/how-to-join-the-pro-network/

simple is good. I love simple.
im not much of detective either.. which is why I just looked at his signature which says "domainname..com"... that pretty mcuh says it all... anyone who uses a top name like this just to name his domain folio site is likely to have a real nice folio in there...
;)

thats way simpler to me than checking 20 criteria on how to become a pro member.. so I didn't even think of going there..
hehe

cheers

•••
This is great. It's sweet to see that somebody has safely passed the part you're aiming for. Wishing you greater sales ahead.

•••

Show attachment 94884

Any link to your portfolio which will give idea to others about the quality and type of names you've acquired?

•••
Any link to your portfolio which will give idea to others about the quality and type of names you've acquired?

Hi, sorry I hardly show my portfolio to avoid any potential TM issue, normally I only sell domain names to end users.

•••
Hi, sorry I hardly show my portfolio to avoid any potential TM issue, normally I only sell domain names to end users.

Okay, no problem!

•••
Thank you! I like encouraging with caution though :)

This is the industry similar to space programs ) You make a fraction of a degree mistake at launch, you end up far off your goal :)

I am considerably reducing my non dotcoms now as I learned hard way that even quality names in .co, .us, .org are really hard even to break even.

Also, no academy will teach you what comes with years of experience of what sells and what does not. I'd encourage everyone trying outbound. You will probably not sell, but you will gauge how companies and organizations think about domains, how decision making work (doesn't work more like it), what are their concerns etc. You will see that most people have no clue what is the difference between a domain name and a website etc. This will help with your purchasing as well.
Great tips- Thank you 👍

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back