IT.COM

discuss Are There Ways to Prevent Ad-Parking From Showing Unwanted Ads?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
Yesterday, I noticed that one of my adparking doctorX.com sites had a wine-store advertisement.

Granted, wine can be healthy and perhaps even therapeutic. And, if the Covid19, Flu, and RSV cases continue to rise, even the doctors may be ordering more from the wine stores.

If, however, the preference is to avoid such ads for my doctor-domain sites, what are the options? There is a way to do custom keywords with at least one company, but how do the various ad-parking companies help to handle more customization of avoiding certain keywords. And is there any easy interface to do this directly?

Thanks, in advance, for your sharing your experiences and insights.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afaik, all parking companies use the same way, ie. you can suggest keywords to show on your domain which will be taken into consideration but it's not 100% that they will be shown on the lander.

There was a way to 'hardcode' keywords in the past for selected users with ParkinCrew but I don't think this is possible today.

There is one way which *may* circumvent unwanted ads but, if it works, you will be restricting your domain to certain keywords and that will drastically affect the earnings: Uniregistry's 'keyword lock' (see attached screenshot)

As you can see, on that particular domain, I have chosen keywords that belong to the sub-category 'e-commerce'.
The lander will only show generic keywords from that category and nothing else.
1671440898288.png

•••
Afaik, all parking companies use the same way, ie. you can suggest keywords to show on your domain which will be taken into consideration but it's not 100% that they will be shown on the lander.

There was a way to 'hardcode' keywords in the past for selected users with ParkinCrew but I don't think this is possible today.

There is one way which *may* circumvent unwanted ads but, if it works, you will be restricting your domain to certain keywords and that will drastically affect the earnings: Uniregistry's 'keyword lock' (see attached screenshot)

As you can see, on that particular domain, I have chosen keywords that belong to the sub-category 'e-commerce'.
The lander will only show generic keywords from that category and nothing else.
Show attachment 228925.
Thanks, as always, for the thoughtful answers. That might solve the issue. Which platform is this example from?

•••
Thanks, as always, for the thoughtful answers. That might solve the issue. Which platform is this example from?
It's right there in my answer: 'Uniregistry'
They are mainly a sales platform but they also provide parking services (similar to Sedo)

•••
It's right there in my answer: 'Uniregistry'
They are mainly a sales platform but they also provide parking services (similar to Sedo)
Thanks. At this point, if the domain appears to be getting irrelevant ads and not getting clicks, I'm tending to steer them away from the adparking anyhow. That may be a pragmatic solution at this point.

•••
Yesterday, I noticed that one of my adparking doctorX.com sites had a wine-store advertisement.
Hi

do you visit you parked pages often?

the ads you see, may not be the same that others may see...depending on location/region.

imo...

•••
Hi

do you visit you parked pages often?
No, I don't visit them often, and realized after I saw this and various psychic ads, to avoid the issue completely for now. The sales inquiry form is fine at this point. It may eliminate ad revenue, but at least provides a potential to increase sales.
Customer service at the ad-parking company was great, though. They pointed out how to modify the keywords/search terms, to try to eliminate the issue. One presumably would need to take the time to tweak the keywords and recheck to see if the upstream providers are using them (since they are discretionary).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back