just to find this out

I know that it won't sell for that
but what is the real price?

I think I'll just toss it on ebay and
let them fight over it

I am new to this selling name stuff

Thanks John B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There ARE two markets ... "wholesale" (like here, for fellow domainers), and "retail" (the end-users who are likely to pay more for a domain they really want, or need).
Appraisals, generally, on these types of forums will be for "wholesale" ... but that does NOT limit you from marketing the domains on your own to the higher-end folks.
It's a bit confusing at first, but you'll catch on OK. Don't take appraisals personally, and keep moving forward with your marketing efforts!
Have fun, too.
B-)
PS. Don't get too excited over eBay if your appraisals in the "wholesale" arena are low to mixed, IMHO.

•••
And please for the love of all that is holy, don't pay $40 for a domain appraisal again. :)

Your reversingcreditcarddebt.com domain is a perfect example of why not to. They gave a value with no substance to back it up. If this company was reputable, they would at least offer to purchase the name from you for 10% or even 5% of what they appraised it for.

But what coolhost says it right on. There are two markets for selling your domain in. It's up to YOU if you want to sell your domain to another reseller. The benefits to selling to another reseller is usually the transactions are easier and you can get a small return on investment relatively quick.

Of course price wise, most resellers will not buy a domain unless they are relatively sure they can sell it for at least 3-4x what they are paying for it, OR you've priced it low enough that they can forsee a sale to another reseller for more.

•••
Thanks Great Info

I would like to sell it at retail

Using RJ's formula $50(wholesale) x 3or4
that makes the (retail) sell price at $150 to $200

Well at least I would get my bad investment
of the $40 bucks back plus my reg fee

Kool!

Thanks Again
John B-)

•••
Originally posted by bigboss
Thanks Great Info

I would like to sell it at retail

Kool!

Thanks Again
John B-)

You're welcome, Boss! :)
You would like to sell it at retail? Me too. It's the Holy Grail, the Big Cheese ... it's to which we all aspire. I wish you the best.
Take care.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back