IT.COM

question Are Parking earnings these days...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
REALLY that good?

Are more people opting to DIY using Adsense for better returns?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Donny,
I'm sure when we say parking is dead is by comparing the earning for the months and years before. So instead of trying to explain if a new portfolio of domains can pay itself or not, explain how it would be possible if a portfolio of 10 domains for example made before $5k/year and now can't get over $1k/year?

•••
Parking is dead. I'll buy your traffic domains if you have any. Just message me. I use the traffic for other things than parking. It makes no money but it makes me happy.

•••
In the past Google used another algorithms... so even clicks from poor countries were paid high...
Then they changed/fixed it... also was improved their filtering...
Finally, this year they abandoned 1-click mode, which in most cases performs better than 2-click...
etc.
That's why nowadays average RPM is significantly lower than it was a few years ago.

Last edited:
•••
Back in the day, it wasn't adwords that paid the same price for keyword no matter what country it was from. That was Yahoo who did that. You could have clicks from China coming in on "boat loan" and making $1.50 a click and Yahoo didn't even support China. It took them years to fix that problem.

1 click landers made more money for only adult traffic and like 3 countries in the world. Everything else 2 click landers made way more money. 1 click lander ads were targeted to the person seeing the page, not the domain itself. Which is one of the reason it didn't make as much money.

@LarryDomain says it perfectly. Parking is dead, I'll buy your domains. :) This is a funny story, I remember about 8 years ago one of the larger domainers was having some issues with paying his US quarterly taxes. So they came to us for a quick sale of some domains to pay their taxes. I didn't really like his domains he was wanting to sell and he also wanted retail prices for them. So I told him what I would pay for the domains and he was offended and this was before I even knew he needed to sell the domain to pay his taxes. He then told me he needed a total of $xxx,xxx to pay his tax bill and I told him he would need to get it somewhere else. Some people will take advantage of you at bad times of your life, I'm just not one of them. What made it even funnier is 3 months later, he came back again looking for $xxx,xxx, I knew it was taxes without him even telling me. And he was trying to sell the same exact domains, this time I offered him $1 less on each domain, he came back with but you offered me more 3 months ago. He should have taken my deal I was offering, I knew he sold the domains on namejet a few weeks later for 25% less than I had offered at the time.

@-EM- you would really need to give me a time frame on when you want to compare things. As I mentioned before a lot of technology changes have happened in the last 10 years. But if you want to PM me some stats, I'll be more than happy to look at them. Sometimes I can tell you what changes have happened during different time periods. Sometimes traffic is lower.

Donny

•••
Very often 2-click landers show the absolutely irrelevant ads...
Also 2-click mode is totally unsuitable for short domains...
etc.

I have all types and kinds of domains... and in various languages...
And I clearly see the significant decline in RPM using 2-click.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding high clicks in the past from poor countries...
It was... I know this from Bodis, they confirmed... Also I know this from my own pocket...
Google had problems with targeting... so high cost English ads were displayed even on Non-English domains and in Non-English countries... this bug was fixed.

Last edited:
•••
Adult domains...
RPM with Google PPC is slightly higher than 0 regardless 1-click or 2-click...
They can be monetized only via ZeroClick, affiliate programs and other methods.

Last edited:
•••
Back in the day, it wasn't adwords that paid the same price for keyword no matter what country it was from. That was Yahoo who did that. You could have clicks from China coming in on "boat loan" and making $1.50 a click and Yahoo didn't even support China. It took them years to fix that problem.

1 click landers made more money for only adult traffic and like 3 countries in the world. Everything else 2 click landers made way more money. 1 click lander ads were targeted to the person seeing the page, not the domain itself. Which is one of the reason it didn't make as much money.

@LarryDomain says it perfectly. Parking is dead, I'll buy your domains. :) This is a funny story, I remember about 8 years ago one of the larger domainers was having some issues with paying his US quarterly taxes. So they came to us for a quick sale of some domains to pay their taxes. I didn't really like his domains he was wanting to sell and he also wanted retail prices for them. So I told him what I would pay for the domains and he was offended and this was before I even knew he needed to sell the domain to pay his taxes. He then told me he needed a total of $xxx,xxx to pay his tax bill and I told him he would need to get it somewhere else. Some people will take advantage of you at bad times of your life, I'm just not one of them. What made it even funnier is 3 months later, he came back again looking for $xxx,xxx, I knew it was taxes without him even telling me. And he was trying to sell the same exact domains, this time I offered him $1 less on each domain, he came back with but you offered me more 3 months ago. He should have taken my deal I was offering, I knew he sold the domains on namejet a few weeks later for 25% less than I had offered at the time.

@-EM- you would really need to give me a time frame on when you want to compare things. As I mentioned before a lot of technology changes have happened in the last 10 years. But if you want to PM me some stats, I'll be more than happy to look at them. Sometimes I can tell you what changes have happened during different time periods. Sometimes traffic is lower.

Donny
Two years ago to be precise :)

•••
@Donny

Why are you trying to make yourself look like a knight in shining armour and hinting that I am taking advantage of others??? I only offerred to buy something others no longer wanted. You are starting to suck like your crappy Doodoo platform.

Voodoo pays the worst in parking from my tests compared to parkingpro and bodis. I would'nt be surprised if Voodoo shutdown soon.

Donny

Last edited:
•••
The worst is traditionally Sedo... at least their standard parking...
Regarding SedoPRO - never tried... but I guess - it is not much better...

•••
sedo and voodoo are on the bottom from my experience as well.

•••
@LarryDomain, me a knight, oh hell no. If somebody has something they think is not worth anything I will be more than happy for them to pay me to take it from them. As far as us converting for your domains, some companies it works and some it doesn't.

@-EM-, if I know which account is yours correctly the last time you sent us traffic was in 2014, that was a few years ago.

And Voodoo isn't shutting down anytime soon I promise, business has never been better.

•••
@Donny

I don't get this:

if I as an advertiser have to pay more for a click at adwords nowadays
then ever
Why is my income ridiculously low for that keyword in parking?

•••
@Donny

I don't get this:

if I as an advertiser have to pay more for a click at adwords nowadays
then ever
Why is my income ridiculously low for that keyword in parking?
Frank - You do know that with all of the pricing systems that are in place, the top ad isn't always the most expensive, right? It's who returns the highest ROI.

Donny

•••
Frank - You do know that with all of the pricing systems that are in place, the top ad isn't always the most expensive, right? It's who returns the highest ROI.

Donny

yes I do know that
as I done adwords consulting for many customers
-but that didn't answer my question at all-

actually in most cases it would of course be the most expensive slot
but even pos 2 to 4 would need more budget today
then in lets say 2012 when parking was good

•••
Actually no it's not anymore. The most expensive price isn't at the top and hasn't been for at least 5 or so years. You have to take into account the quality score as well.

I don't have all of the answers, these are just what I know.

Donny

•••
Always good to see you Donny, If anyone knows how to keep the fire burning in the domain parking business, You are the person to make it happen, I am sending you a PM

•••
Trial and error. Just have to find the right names and get creative sometimes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back