IT.COM

Are NameCheap auctions real..or they are just bumping the price?

NameSilo
Watch

croatan

Impact
I'm wondering if the Namecheap auctions are actually real or they are just bumping the price?

I'm hunting one domain that expired and it lefts a few more days until the auction is done. There are 2-3 bidders on this unique not so attractive domain name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure, but if it’s a name you want then it’s more likely someone else would want it as well.

•••
not sure but i get 2 domain there with 20$ price etup.org
and

•••
What do you mean bumping the price? If more than one person wants it there are multiple bids. Nothing nefarious about that.

•••
What do you mean bumping the price? If more than one person wants it there are multiple bids. Nothing nefarious about that.

May be the OP is trying to say that possibly NameCheap itself is participating in auctions and bumping up the prices.

•••
May be the OP is trying to say that possibly NameCheap itself is participating in auctions and bumping up the prices.
Yep, that's exactly what the OP is implying. Could it be the case? Maybe, yet I doubt it unless they want to undermine the legitimacy of their own domain name auctions and drive away participants.

It's an easy way to shift blame though in this case because it sounds like a couple of things going on here:

1) OP had a set budget in mind for this name, but the other bidders are driving the price up.

2) OP is downplaying the name by saying it is unique, yet unattractive. Since we don't know the name, it could have an awesome backlink profile or many other reasons that would drive the price up, but it is what it is. But, to even downplay it is silly. I don't know if OP is aiming to develop it or resell it, but if we knew the name and they say it's unattractive, then why would someone else want to purchase it or use it? There's obviously some value to it and OP is really just not wanting to pay more to be in the running.

I'm wondering if the Namecheap auctions are actually real or they are just bumping the price?

I'm hunting one domain that expired and it lefts a few more days until the auction is done. There are 2-3 bidders on this unique not so attractive domain name.

Either get it or don't. Those are pretty much your options here. No need to shift blame unless you actually have some solid proof to backup those claims.

•••
Back