Dynadot

question Are increasing domain renewal fees causing large domainers to finally sell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i frequently low ball domainers hoping they sell their domains at low prices...and recently, 3 large domainers have contacted me to buy their domains at my low quoted price.
Frank has quoted me $20k+ on this one domain for years and finally sold this domain at my asking price of only $2k...so i bought it...i thought i was dreaming...Frank makes $2k everytime he exhales...so why did he sell?
And now 2 other large domain holders have contacted me also willing to sell at low prices.
What’s going on???
Did i miss some important announcement at namescon?
Domainers are finally selling!!!
Only thing i can think of is the recent renewal fee increase.
Why are domainers finally selling at low prices???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes I find that motivated buyers are easily deterred by lack of WHOIS details
If you want to make good sale, you need the EASILY viewable WHOIS detail there so that a motivated buyer who will pay lots of money won't just walk away with his money because "WHOIS" is redacted
WHOIS going away is destroying this business, domainers selling low, needs to be sttopped
Inccreasing renewal fee yes, is very bad for business, very hurting us hurtful all around

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back