IT.COM

discuss Are all LLL's gone on .CO, .CC, .BIZ, .INFO, is .MOBI worth buying?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Why would you want a .Mobi domain?

•••
Just seeing how other domain extensions are being bought up, thinking that .mobi might be a cheap investment right now if the name is good. For example dog.mobi might not be very valuable now, but I'm sure it will being valuable over time.

•••
It will be a cash vacuum over time.

•••
•••
Have done scan for .co .cc .biz and .info only found 1 .info free and reged it :)
could be somehow dropped by somebody and not noticed by anybody you need to check it properly.

•••
•••
I think the LLL info market is about rise very soon!

•••
•••
You forgot to include LLL.in as these have been bought out for several months now :)

•••
So we can say that LLL .com value will continue to grow :)

•••
I had some LLL.mobi and dropped them all a couple years ago. Honestly can't see them taking off on a universal basis.

After .com, can see universal interest/demand in .net and .org obviously, .cc for China, .co for China and elsewhere, .info has maintained interest, .biz is getting a stronger heartbeat lately.

There has been strong pick up in short domains this year, even the .top extension has demand in China. I can't see many of the new gtld's that are English one-words picking up around the world, unless the word is used in many languages, like .tv

Despite the above, so many things have happened this year with domains that nobody saw coming, that anything is really possible.

Makes you wonder if there is enough supply of short domains in popular extensions, seems to be a lot of deep pockets out there driving up prices of short domains and buying out different categories of domains.

•••
In my opinion, after spending at least an hour a day over the last 6 months through ExpiredDomains, trying hand reg'd LLL's, and so forth, just about anything with 3 letters will have value going forward, regardless of extension. Sure .COM will always be prime real estate, but .mobi will get some value too.

The tech boom that was premature in 99-00 has come back and now it's real. I believe this because we now have the hardware support to handle the demand compared to 15 years ago. Smart phones, cheap website builders, social media, and many other factors exist now and domains will be sought after more than ever. The world runs on computers and most people can't go a full day without internet. I think the next step beyond social media will be every person having their own website rather than just Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and so forth. It's so easy to do yourself now, why not?

I've also been an investor in the stock market for almost 12 years now and I have seen things change in this space as well. Because of low commodity prices, many junior or small cap companies have turned to technology in order to attract new investors and make money. I won't go into depth here, but if you want to know more, just ask.

Back to the LLL's, overall, For $10 or less to hand reg, I would load up on at least a dozen if you don't have any, let them sit. .Mobi, nothing wrong with it.

•••
So we can say that LLL .com value will continue to grow :)

Definitely. If that Vij.com in your sig link is yours then I would be holding it :)

•••
Definitely. If that Vij.com in your sig link is yours then I would be holding it :)
Thank you!

Vij is an Indian name too :)

•••
•••
Anything with 3 letters will have value?

There are hundreds of new gtlds, can hardly see all those with 3 letters having value. The new gtlds that are English word extensions are mostly useless in non English countries.

•••
Anything with 3 letters will have value?

There are hundreds of new gtlds, can hardly see all those with 3 letters having value. The new gtlds that are English word extensions are mostly useless in non English countries.

Sorry let me rephrase that, any 3 letter TLD's will have value. I agree that most gtld's are worthless unless you get some real key words or numbers.

Right now I see most people disregard .mobi, but that will change quickly. Mobile is the way the world is now and that extension will get way more popular as time goes on. Originally the extension came out in 2005/2006, smart phones were barely known at that time. I still remember having a Moto Razr that year, Iphone 3s didn't come out until 2009, tablets didn't exist and Blackberry's and Palms had terrible browser capabilities. It's a decade later and everyone is glued to their phones. Not saying .mobi will ever come near .COM, but I see it rivaling .org or .net in terms of value/use and becoming more popular than .co or .biz.

•••
.mobi -- not sure about that one..

What about .io? I was paying attention to it a couple months ago but haven't tracked it more recently.

•••
Sorry let me rephrase that, any 3 letter TLD's will have value. I agree that most gtld's are worthless unless you get some real key words or numbers.

Right now I see most people disregard .mobi, but that will change quickly. Mobile is the way the world is now and that extension will get way more popular as time goes on. Originally the extension came out in 2005/2006, smart phones were barely known at that time. I still remember having a Moto Razr that year, Iphone 3s didn't come out until 2009, tablets didn't exist and Blackberry's and Palms had terrible browser capabilities. It's a decade later and everyone is glued to their phones. Not saying .mobi will ever come near .COM, but I see it rivaling .org or .net in terms of value/use and becoming more popular than .co or .biz.

I strongly agree with you.

.MOBI still have good chances to become a strong extension.

Google spent millions on .APP.
.io and .co growth because of mobile app developpers.
.Mobile is coming out!

I am startig to like .mobi more but I won't go crazy on buying all LLL .mobi I can get.

I only own 3 .mobi.
aio.mobi
Broadcast.mobi
WatchMovies.mobi

•••
i had grabbed 5 LLL.COs at the time of .CO extension was released in 2010. Within one or two month, i sold one LLL.CO for 1999$. Since then, now it has been 5 years, i did not get a single inquiry for my remaining 4 Primum Letter LLL.COs :(

•••
LLL.info & LLL.co prices will rise pretty soon. But .biz and .mobi etc will dropped at the next renewal. i feel like lots of newbie domainers getting into the industry ;)

BTW, Even .co & .info will dropped in next few years. But not at the next renewal. They will keep hoping for the prices to be like .com or 10% of com etc and eventually dropped in 2 or 3 years renewal.

History Repeats :)

•••
LLL.info & LLL.co prices will rise pretty soon. But .biz and .mobi etc will dropped at the next renewal. i feel like lots of newbie domainers getting into the industry ;)

BTW, Even .co & .info will dropped in next few years. But not at the next renewal. They will keep hoping for the prices to be like .com or 10% of com etc and eventually dropped in 2 or 3 years renewal.

History Repeats :)

Hi Lakshan

i don't no based on what evidence your telling the LLL.CO prices will rise as last month DNjournal monthly sales charts had only one .CO sales was reported and that even not an LLL.CO :(

•••
Hi Lakshan

i don't no based on what evidence your telling the LLL.CO prices will rise as last month DNjournal monthly sales charts had only one .CO sales was reported and that even not an LLL.CO :(

Its clearly not based on any sales records. Its just my opinion based on namepros discussions and sales. People 1st see discussions, then go to try it, and some peoples promote it so the buyout happen faster than the normal.

What will happen if no one in the forum talk about Chinese premium letter? Only the peoples who research by their own will know it and only they will follow the trend. If 10 threads open about the premium letters 100+ members will follow the trend.

My opinion is based on Psychology :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back