Dynadot

Are all domain sales a "win-win" for buyer and seller?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are all domain sales a "win-win" for buyer and seller?

• 1st (tie)

No, buyers are not always happy to pay for a domain.

votes
    50.0%
  • 1st (tie)

Yes, all domain sales are a "win-win" situation.

votes
    50.0%

• 18 votes
  • Ended 6 years ago
  • Final results

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
We were having the discussion of domain sales. Often times end users can feel "taken advantage" of while purchasing a domain, as I have experienced. They see the value, but didn't like paying the price for it....(Please exclude TM domains and such)....So the questions are have you had buyers get upset after the sale? Have you had buyers complain after the sale? Are all domain sales a "win-win" situation for the buyer and seller?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So the question is have you had buyers get upset after the sale?

no, never, ever

buyers contact me, why should they be mad after i sell them what they want to buy?

imo......

•••
no, never, ever

buyers contact me, why should they be mad after i sell them what they want to buy?

imo......
Thanks Biggie!....I hope you voted...

•••
The only ones who get mad are the ones whose low ball offers I decline. Many of them have been rude.

•••
The only ones who get mad are the ones whose low ball offers I decline. Many of them have been rude.
Thanks for reply....However, my question is not about offers, but completed sales...

•••
The people that think they should be able to get your domain at reg fee because you are just 'sitting on it' usually aren't happy with having to pay. Of course they don't really understand domaining anyway.

•••
We are still far from mass market acceptance of paying a premium price for a domain name. Most view an internet presence as something which should be free (I.e. social media accounts) or pretty close to free (Godaddy $2.99 promos). That makes selling domain names challenging.

•••
So the questions are have you had buyers get upset after the sale?
Yes but that's due to their own ignorance. If they build a successful business/project with the domain name, they will look back on that purchase as a steal.

Have you had buyers complain after the sale?
Yes and that's not really my problem or any sellers' problem. If they didn't want it for that price, they wouldn't have paid it.

They're just trying to make themselves feel better about their ignorance, hoping you will hold them in your arms and tell them everything is going to be alright. They want comfort in their purchase.

If you want to go the extra mile, then send them one last pitch about how their purchase is going to pay for itself and it's worth a lot more than they paid. None of that is your job once the sale is complete, but it could lead to repeat business from them.

Are all domain sales a "win-win" situation for the buyer and seller?
Yes, they 100% are, even if the buyer or seller is too clueless to see it.

•••
NO absolutely not this case happens very rare

•••
Would categorize it as "win-win" situation for buyer as well seller. "Most" understand that domain aftermarket is an industry like another. They surely shop around for sometime before they make the purchase. It is a business decision for the buyer - at least the 'hope' is there that they will get benefited from purchase. They are always happy to get the name they want, though they may not be happy with the price.

•••
Business should always be win-win.
Even if they think they overpaid today, tomorrow they won't even think about it as their brand blossoms on a strong domain. And they won't be looking back.

•••
Nope. Not 1 complaint. Ever. I voted :)

•••
•••
Depends on extension as well.

•••
It kind of depends on the domain name and its price.

•••
no not at all... i hardly get the price i want

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back