IT.COM

.info Are 3 letter Dot Info's on the way up?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Daniel Mac Sweeney

DanielMacSweeney.comTop Member
Impact
I am wondering are 3 letter Dot Info's begining to be worth more & more each day?
A few Dot Info's during the last few weeks have sold for high amounts. Most noteworthy car.info 4 $75,000

What are your thoughts on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Car.info is a total exception. That is a true premium and would sell for a high dollar amount almost anytime. To be honest, it sold for $75,000 recently - That only makes me wonder what it might have sold for 3-4 years ago when bad LLL.info's would easily fetch high $XX to low $XXX.

I don't think LLL.info domains have gone up much in value.. Look at the Domain Auctions portion of this forum and you still sell them selling for less than $10/each. There are also plenty of them dropping on a regular basis. If you're going to pick up a 3 letter .INFO and you want to sell for big bucks it needs to be a decent pronounceable word... for example: car.info, eye.info, buy.info, god.info, man.info..etc.

•••
The value for a random LLL.info has probably remained stagnant. I don't see any better long-term prospects.

•••
I'm bullish about LLL.infos.

Well first of all, how many LLL.info are "dropping these days"?And how many will drop within a year from now? I bet its not that many. .info is old and even if some sell on forums for $10 it might not be about their worth- maybe its because domainers are cheapos who want to pay little for good names? lol.

•••
I'm bullish about LLL.infos.
maybe its because domainers are cheapos who want to pay little for good names? lol.
ya right .. they don't like to pay reseller price thay want it for reg fee
i have many LLL INs but some domainers want it for $10 a piece

Last edited:
•••
I have tdp.info for sale on Sedo for $3,000, I'll let ye know how I do. I'd love to bring the price up for infos cos they are a great tld and i think they are much better than orgs & nets.

•••
According to NameBio, there have been a whopping 7 LLL.info sales thus far is 2015, and I would say at the very least, there is 1 LLL.info dropping everyday (many times they are triple premium). For people like @kemjika11 who asked that question - there is your answer. To go along with that, many of the poor ones you can even register by hand without backordering or drop catching. How many will there be dropping a year from now? Just look at the previous years thus far (INFO is NOT a new extension), lol. My guess would be - It will stay at least the very same... with 1+ per day dropping for quite a while (some days there will be significantly more).

Out of all 7 LLL.info to sell so far this year, only 2 do not contain all premium letters, and only 4 are non-pronounceable. Keep us posted @Daniel Mac Sweeney, but the odds are you won't be reporting a sale on that domain anywhere near $3,000..probably ever. Even "Sat.info" which is also triple premium (and pronounceable) didn't sell for that much :\

@Hybrid Names are you talking LLL.in or LLL.info? Unlike .INFO, .IN is in a buyout right now and the values on those are actually going up. So there is a big difference between IN and INFO when we talk LLL's.

For those of you thinking the LLL.info market is picking up and bullish, I have HHY.info which I'll sell you for a good price :) Others of you I think have been spending too much time on Flippa which is about the only place you even see 1 word .INFO's selling for these days. INFO is not a new extension, it has already hit it's peak like BIZ and MOBI did and has since gone way downhill. Just my 2 cents!

•••
@FPForum i'm talking about LLL .ins

Today i regd LLL info and few min back i grace delete (qzi .info)

•••
My only .info

tvo for television online

•••
My two cents (thoughts)... easier for the public to type in LLL(dot)in than LLL(dot)info on mobile..
Been seeing a lot of LLL(dot)info being auctioned here (bought a few) compared to last year.

Since I am from a western country, there is this
"Chinese and Global Markets: With this new and emerging market, letter quality is very different than in much of the western world. Preferred letters are B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T. W, X, Y, Z. Vowels are considered mildly valuable. The letter V is considered lower quality. "

source http://www.3character.com/price-guide.html

•••
I still won't agree that lll.infos are not good buys at between 20-100 USD(depending on quality ). Which gtld has a loose,weak lll.ext market? Probably only .biz,so these lll.I Info's on sale at NP usually have bad letters 1stly and then there are not that many so I will still disagree lll.Info's are weak or whatever. I remember going through the .info sales thread. I didn't see an lll.info sale below $1k or a bit above that.the few lll.Infos I bought in NP have gotten a few inquiries and low ball offers.but its OK!!!! The interest from end users is the most important thing to me.

•••
@FPForum - i just read your post again and your remarks are quite sensible and accurate.

But all i'm saying is that when i see triple premium LLL.info on NP for $20, this word comes up in my head- BARGAIN. lol

I dont have that many LLL.info but i dont see their value going below what i pay for them on this forum.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back