Dynadot

Application Denied with Bodis and Parking Crew

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Al01803

Impact
Hello:
I am new to this Domain Parking programs, I discovered it by reading a kindle book when I was looking for types of passive income. I have three unused domain(s) and wanted to give it a try. I Applied both to parking crew & Bodis. I got denied by both. I got very little or no information why ! Could someone out there give me some insight and what do I do to get application approved. Any information at this point would be a big help !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First of all, congratulations on learning about domain parking as an option to potentially produce income for parked domains.

Were there issues with the domains being considered spam or infringing on trademarks?

My experience was fine with Bodis. Quite a while ago, I simply listed them, and they were accepted. Parking Crew appeared more formal, requiring an application process up front. Since Bodis seemed like a simple, efficient process, I simply proceeded with them. Has Bodis become stricter as well more recently?

Note that customer support with Bodis has been very responsive--which was tremendously appreciated as a newbie unfamiliar to the ad-parking company process. So don't be afraid to ask them specifically why.

Finally, do keep in mind that the Kindle book you read may not reflect the more recent changes in parking. Some on the forum here have reported significant decreases in parking income from traditional ad-parking services. So exploring other options may be prudent as well.

Hopefully, anyone on the forum with a similar experience recently, like yours, will chime in.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I have reached out to parking crew they were not a bundle information

•••
Upvote 0
You can use Sedo where approval is not required

•••
Upvote 0
If you didn't specifically purchase these domains because they have good metrics for parking, your 3 domains are most likely going to generate 1 cent per year total, you're not missing out on much :)

•••
Upvote 0
They rejected you because they didn't think your domains would earn money. I highly doubt that it has anything to do with trademarks/spam since you can find them hosting extremely high traffic brand domains based on typos. FYI they rejected me too.

Sedo might be the best alternative with no approval, since they let you customize keywords. Godaddy Parking charges $10/mo has a terrible and slow user interface. And Afternic cash parking landers (ns1/ns2) don't seem to be showing ads right now.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
They rejected you because they didn't think your domains would earn money. I highly doubt that it has anything to do with trademarks/spam since you can find them hosting extremely high traffic brand domains based on typos. FYI they rejected me too.

Sedo might be the best alternative with no approval, since they let you customize keywords. Godaddy Parking charges $10/mo has a terrible and slow user interface. And Afternic cash parking landers (ns1/ns2) don't seem to be showing ads right now.
thank you !

•••
Upvote 0
you're not missing out on much

This has been my experience as well. I went in to parking domains with ads because I thought I would at least be able to recover the cost of domain name renewals. It makes sense to reduce ownership cost as much as possible.

However, my experience with parking has been anything but a net cost $0 experience. Sedo parking and Afternic parking have not produced for me anything for years.

Bodis is my best experience so far and I've had domains parked with Bodis since Fall 2022. However, I have not made enough $$ to pay for even one domain's renewal.

This was humbling and I have to remember this when I get excited about hand-registering a domain name.

What has been of benefit is the information about traffic across a sampling of my domains - specifically how much type-in traffic that sample receives. This might inform my decision-making when it comes to deciding which domain to develop next and leads to the question, "What was that site visitor looking for when they typed in that domain name?"

•••
Upvote 0
thank you for your response

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back