IT.COM

question Anyone Willing to Share Your Developed Site Used for Selling Your Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I know some folks use their own sites as another avenue to promote and sell their domains.

Would anyone be willing to share their URL?

I am interested in seeing the basic site structure. For example, home page with all domains. Linking out to separate sub page for EACH domain?

Different lander?

Domains link out to a Marketplace or Request more info form?

Just curious.....

Thanks!

Misspelled 'Your' in Thread Title

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"letter.rip" I -love- that domain lol. Nice site.
If you're on mobile, I don't think they show up that way.

BrandableNames.com is my site.
Ahhhhh....yes!!@@

I do all my domaing from my smartphone!!

Wish more people understood that depending on device, browser, OS not everybody may be seeing the same thing.

It can become a problem if people have specific instructions in their signatures about contacting/not contacting/DMing etc.

Wish NP could make sigs visible to all no matter the device!

Thanks so much 😁

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you mean logos, I did them.

•••
Your site looks great on Mobile, by the way!!

Who does your graphics?
I was tracking this name yesterday until i found the current one :)

•••
•••
•••
Good thing you are not interested in TV domains 😁
Hehe. The website portfolio domain must fit with what extensions you are selling.
I mean, if you go myportfolio.net and you are selling .biz, then it is a little offbeat, isn't it?

•••
Good thing you are not interested in TV domains 😁
it inspired me to get comcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomcomco.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
I continue to change mine, but below is the link. It is best viewed on a desktop or tablet. May work on more responsive soon.
https://namesthat.win/

I do not mainly sell directly (I tried at start, but it seemed all preferred to buy through a third party) All names I sell through registrar or general purpose marketplaces. If you choose the A-Z tab it will give you a complete alphabetical list not all are yet linked. They go to landers at a variety of different marketplaces.

My plan eventually is to have some text in left 2/3 of pages, and then in right sidebar a selection of domain name promo images related to that topic. Most of that is not yet updated. On the home page I only put single word domain names in the feature section, with a number of different TLDs.

I developed the website myself from scratch, using a Mac based software RapidWeaver. I like websites where there is lots of actual content, rather than a nice image and just a few words. I know, I am going against the global river in web design, but I am master of my own domain and will do it my way! :xf.grin:

Bob

PS I am pretty sure the effort in developing a site does not pay off. I would probably go with a white label SH or Efty or some other script/service if starting out. For sentimental reasons I can't quite give up on mine.

•••
I continue to change mine, but below is the link. It is best viewed on a desktop or tablet. May work on more responsive soon.

I do not mainly sell directly (I tried at start, but it seemed all preferred to buy through a third party) All names I sell through registrar or general purpose marketplaces. If you choose the A-Z tab it will give you a complete alphabetical list not all are yet linked. They go to landers at a variety of different marketplaces.

My plan eventually is to have some text in left 2/3 of pages, and then in right sidebar a selection of domain name promo images related to that topic. Most of that is not yet updated. On the home page I only put single word domain names in the feature section, with a number of different TLDs.

I developed the website myself from scratch, using a Mac based software RapidWeaver. I like websites where there is lots of actual content, rather than a nice image and just a few words. I know, I am going against the global river in web design, but I am master of my own domain and will do it my way! :xf.grin:

Bob

PS I am pretty sure the effort in developing a site does not pay off. I would probably go with a white label SH or Efty or some other script/service if starting out. For sentimental reasons I can't quite give up on mine.
Nice, Bob!

I can clearly see the domains in the right sidebar on mobile.

Text and links are very small on my phone.

Wordpress has a lot of responsive themes now. Probably all of their newer ones.

Many are free!

Thank you for sharing 😁

Last edited:
•••

Bob

I love the detail you give for each domain you are selling, it gives the site a very....curated feel, adding legitimacy to the price you are placing on your assets.

•••
Wordpress has a lot of responsive themes now. Probably all of their newer ones.

Many are free!

Yes, while I use WordPress some places (like NT), for my domain portfolio I prefer not to go the WP route, so have no plans to make my site WordPress.

But yes, I can readily make it more mobile responsive, just has not yet go to the level of priority. If I wait long enough mobile screen size and resolution grow enough that not a problem! :xf.grin:

I hope to learn a bit of CSS to make text size responsive. Of course I hope to learn many things in 2021, as noted in another post I made just now.

Bob

Thanks for comment re curated and validated feel, @RogueWriter . A year or so ago, I did feel that detail helped, but now of mind maybe something briefer makes more sense. Having a certain amount of text does help Google to note your site, however.

Last edited:
•••
Here you go precise dot domains

•••
•••
I have developed a basic site so that the buyer can contact me. I will take it to next level in the future.

NameShoot.com

Last edited:
•••
Thank you all for sharing...Any chance we can get a glimpse on how you drive traffic to your site? You don't have to be specific. Just a thought :)

•••
Thank you all for sharing...Any chance we can get a glimpse on how you drive traffic to your site? You don't have to be specific. Just a thought :)
I would like to hear too....

I suspect it is mainly to get indexed in Google, probably with a combination of social networking: Facebook, Pinterest.

I have some experience in this area and my biggest traffic drivers were always Google. Pinterest. Facebook.

My problem was always outreach to other blog owners for inbound links, which G values very highly.

I disagree with this part of their algo because it can still be manipulated today if you have the time and/or money.

•••
I cannot see people's signatures on NamePros and it has caused a few people to 'refer to their signatures' as you just did.

Is this a setting somewhere???

Thanks!

I can select "desktop site" in the settings in Chrome and I can see everyone's signature on my smartphone.

Thinking about showcasing my portfolio of around 150 (mostly hand registered) domains at:

NorthStarDomains.com

and/or

NameGalleria.com

IMO

Last edited:
•••
dnsilo.com 🚀 is mine....just start...no much function...and I never drive traffic other than this post and put it at my signature...

•••
•••
dnsilo.com 🚀 is mine....just start...no much function...and I never drive traffic other than this post and put it at my signature...
me either :)

wait... I just checked your website its super simple :))

Last edited:
•••
If you are looking for an inexpensive way to create great landing pages then take a look at https://carrd.co/

•••
Back