NameSilo

Anyone try "For Rent" on your domains?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by Dane, Sep 26, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Dane

Dane Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I noticed that Dan.com allows us to put our domains up For Rent. I've got a bunch of geo-targeted names that I think might work well for Rentals.

Of course I can try it myself as a test (and I will) but I'm curious to see if anyone here has already tried this method and can share your input and opinions.

Do you think Rentals are a good idea? Bad idea? Why? And which type of domain names work better for Rentals? Which are worse?

Thanks in advance!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Dane

I guess not. 😀

3. lock

lock Searchrz.com VIP

I have site.rentals as a domain. Rent sites or rent equipment. Haven't tried other than working with other people but that generally doesn't work in favor as people want money for nothing. Mtv

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  4. Dane

Thank you.

5. PatrickV

PatrickV Established Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  6. lock

lock Searchrz.com VIP

Good luck. Need exact match same keyword words people are paying to advertise.

7. Dane

I've got plenty of those. 🙂

8. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Unless you have some domain of extraordinary quality, I would just prefer a straight sale.

Leasing, negotiating extra terms, are generally reserved for top tier domains IMO.

Brad

9. Dane

So you don't use Lease to Own installments on your domains?

I have one name that was sold that way (the guy is still making the payments) and I'm in the middle of negotiating another, but I'm torn about whether or not to leave Installment payments turned on, or if I should turn that feature off.

10. bmugford

Nope, I have done lease plans from time to time in the past and most ended up being a pain in the ass one way or another.

Brad

11. stevo

stevo Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I have structured 4 or 5 "lease to own" deals with great success. All lease payments are applied to an agreed upon final price. I currently have 1 that is purely a monthly payment without a purchase agreement.
    1 thing for sure - you must have website content restrictions because you are still the owner and anything controversial or illegal could affect not only the domain's value, but your own personal responsibilities (reputation-wise and legal-wise)

12. bmugford

Yep, file that under one of the pain in the ass things I have dealt with on lease agreements.

Brad

13. Dane

Hmm. Good point.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice