Dynadot

Anyone transfered out of Epik lately?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

skyz21

MediaWho.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,

I've just read all the recent drama around Epik. I recently tried to register and renew several domains, the payment went through, but no domains were registered or renewed. I was paying with account funds.

They had live chat which I can't find, so I've emailed them to ask what the problem is.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully transfered a domain away from this registrar recently? As I think this is the best move for the domains I plan to hold.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes but you won’t be able to approve quick transfers in the dashboard unless you have 2 factor on. If you have 2 factor on its smooth and fast.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you for the reply guys. I saw the masterbucks thread but I don't have any of that. I'm mostly concerned with about 10-15 of my main domains I have there. I would like to transfer them to dynadot or namesilo, but only if it's a smooth process.

I have 2factor authentication on, so what does the fast transfer entain? How long does that take? Also I was curious if the who is data leaks during the transfer? And can this information be scraped?

Ideally I'd like the fastest transfer solution, while maintaining privacy? If thats possible lol.

I received store credit for failed registration, but the renewal costs have not been reimbursed yet. Waiting on supports response.

It's a shame, they used to be a solid registrar and I was really happy.

Thanks for any help everyone

•••
Transfers out are definitely work (hope I don't have to add ''yet''). Just unlock names and apply codes with the other registrar. Then you'll be asked by Epik if ''approve''. Do approve it. Then in 20 min you are usually done (but maybe depending on the other registrar).

•••
The transfer out process is pretty straightforward, just as VadimK said. It is just tedious if you are transferring many at a time.

We are also moving away. The problem with domain renewals has been a problem since June 2022 that I am aware of. They keep saying that they are working on it but nothing is being done. I'm really disappointed in them. I used to like working with them. We still have a couple hundred domains there yet.

•••
Hey guys, thank you for your replies and experiences. Their support is very slow via email, almost goes no where. Glad to hear transfers are working.

Does the whois info leak during the transfer process? And can this be scraped by those who is spammers? lol This is something i've always wondered.

Thanks

•••
Does the whois info leak during the transfer process? And can this be scraped by those who is spammers? lol This is something i've always wondered.

No, as long as whois privacy will remain active at both gaining and losing registry.

•••
The transfer out process is pretty straightforward, just as VadimK said. It is just tedious if you are transferring many at a time.

We are also moving away. The problem with domain renewals has been a problem since June 2022 that I am aware of. They keep saying that they are working on it but nothing is being done. I'm really disappointed in them. I used to like working with them. We still have a couple hundred domains there yet.
What registrar are you transferring your domains to?

Last edited:
•••
Epik is gone. Forget it.. they won't renew old domains neither honor new domains after taken your money. One of my best domains now expired due to their so called working on it. They are scammers now. Nothing more.

•••
Epik is gone. Forget it.. they won't renew old domains neither honor new domains after taken your money. One of my best domains now expired due to their so called working on it. They are scammers now. Nothing more.
Why is there no legal action taken against Epik already at this point?

•••
Still waiting for what I can do. I am totally lost. I used to like them before but I thought the problem was only masterbucks, but now I can confirm they are scammer. Live chats have gone to 100 percent robot. Email will take days to get replied, and when replied, the same line saying they have technical issues and they are working on it. After like 2 days, it will automatically close the tickets saying your case has been resolved without doing anything.
Same person same bull.sh.t. and nothing will be done. I thought it was a joke as I read here over time until I started facing it my self.
Now image a domain that is very powerful and worth ten of thousands of dollars?

Last edited:
•••
Still waiting for what I can do. I am totally lost. I used to like them before but I thought the problem was only masterbucks, but now I can confirm they are scammer. Live chats have gone to 100 percent robot. Email will take days to get replied, and when replied, the same line saying they have technical issues and they are working on it. After like 2 days, it will automatically close the tickets saying your case has been resolved without doing anything.
Same person same bull.sh.t. and nothing will be done. I thought it was a joke as I read here over time until I started facing it my self.
Now image a domain that is very powerful and worth ten of thousands of dollars?
Completely agree. Do you plan on filing a lawsuit against them?

•••
I'm thinking of moving my main names to Namesilo or Namecheap. I've had no issues with them over the years. Open to any recommendations though? Which places are the best for long term storage/security, and accept fiat/crypto?

Also thanks for confriming the whois privacy remains active. I hate ending up on the spammer lists.

It's crazy to hear some of the stories about them. They were a solid registrar at one stage.

Hopefully transfers are smooth.

•••
If you’re using Epik for anything in 2023 you got problems.

•••
I'm thinking of moving my main names to Namesilo or Namecheap. I've had no issues with them over the years. Open to any recommendations though? Which places are the best for long term storage/security, and accept fiat/crypto?

Also thanks for confriming the whois privacy remains active. I hate ending up on the spammer lists.

It's crazy to hear some of the stories about them. They were a solid registrar at one stage.

Hopefully transfers are smooth.

sav is best avg prices... and best ui.

dyna second.

namesilo and cheap are down the line

•••
finally my domain name renewed by them. So what if i didnt disturb them? i would have lost that. I wont want to do anything with them again to avoid further headaches.

•••
finally my domain name renewed by them. So what if i didnt disturb them? i would have lost that. I wont want to do anything with them again to avoid further headaches.

why not transfer out instead.renew?

•••
why not transfer out instead.renew?
Sure thats what am doing next. I didnt know that you cant renew easily like that again, i thought it was only masterbucks that was having problem.
Thanks.

•••
Around April 2nd, I renewed a like 11 domains at Epik...wasn't aware of the troubles at the time. Anyway, about a week later when I checked, they hadn't been renewed. Popped in here and got the story. Over time, the domains WERE being renewed, slowly, like 1 or 2 at a time.

Stopped by chat, got verification that they were 'in the queue' or some such.

The other day, 2 of those domains went into their grace period. Since they were fairly high-value domains, and I'm too old and tired to fight about this crap anymore, I bit the bullet (and the $20) and transferred them out, just in case. Transfer went smoothly. The rest of the domains have since renewed.

Registrars fail. It has happened before and will happen again. Some of the older folks around here probably remember when 1&1(?) went belly up. Was a long time ago but it taught me to treat registrars like banks. Diversify. Don't keep everything in one place. Don't keep all your cash in one bank; don't keep all your domains at a single registrar. Pain in the butt, but you have to protect yourself.

BTW, before anyone asks, I sent those two to Porkbun. Put a few over there last year or so just to check them out. Been good with those few, so am now I'm moving all my May renewals in Epik over to Porkbun, mostly because I only have a few over there. Already have more than I am comfortable with at NameSilo and a few others.

Its always something...

•••
I transferred multiple domains out of Epik to Porkbun this weekend without a problem. The whole thing took about an hour.

I wrote a step-by-step guide on transferring domains out of Epik, hopefully it can help others.

I tried to register a new .com with Epik yesterday, just for giggles. They took the money, sent a receipt, and the domain is still unregistered nearly 24 hours later. No response from support as of yet.

ETBxFcx.jpg

•••
Yep, transfers out seem to be working fine. Just today I moved a few over to Dan.

I transferred multiple domains out of Epik to Porkbun this weekend without a problem. The whole thing took about an hour.

I wrote a step-by-step guide on transferring domains out of Epik, hopefully it can help others.

I tried to register a new .com with Epik yesterday, just for giggles. They took the money, sent a receipt, and the domain is still unregistered nearly 24 hours later. No response from support as of yet.

I thought about doing that same thing, lol.

I have like $9 in Masterbucks (not even sure where that came from :unsure:) and a little over $25 left 'on account'. The account one was pretty high at one point so I started using it for bulk renewals a few months back...guess I just lucked out there, because that credit could be lost.

But thought about regging something or maybe picking up something off the market (are they still working?) and using that money/credit. Of course then the seller might get shafted...idk. Looks like a hand reg is best.

As I mentioned above, all my earlier renewals did go though, it just took them like three weeks to renew 11 names, doing them one and two at a time.

•••
Yep, transfers out seem to be working fine. Just today I moved a few over to Dan.

I thought about doing that same thing, lol.

I have like $9 in Masterbucks (not even sure where that came from :unsure:) and a little over $25 left 'on account'. The account one was pretty high at one point so I started using it for bulk renewals a few months back...guess I just lucked out there, because that credit could be lost.

But thought about regging something or maybe picking up something off the market (are they still working?) and using that money/credit. Of course then the seller might get shafted...idk. Looks like a hand reg is best.

As I mentioned above, all my earlier renewals did go though, it just took them like three weeks to renew 11 names, doing them one and two at a time.

so dan is a registrar now? which dan is that?

•••
so dan is a registrar now? which dan is that?

Oops, meant to say Dynadot. Had Dan on my mind because a few I moved had to be delisted...60-day lock and all.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back