NameSilo

Anyone familiar with Digital Caucus?

Located in General Domain Discussion started by Tempest111, Apr 27, 2008.

Replies:
Views:

1. Tempest111

Tempest111 Established Member

I got an email from a company called Digital Caucus offering to sell me a LLLL.com to match a LLLL.net that i own. This LLLL.com is a quad premium and they're offering it for $50. Too good to be true?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Malaysia

Malaysia Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

wow just $50 sounds fishy or maybe they are not domainers

3. lzy

lzy Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Escrow? :hehe:

4. Len

Len dot TV'er VIP

Take a look here it may explain why they contacted you. http://www.dcinchq.com/
    Cannot find anything to do with scams by them so maybe it is legit and you are about to get a nice present! :hehe:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  5. Tempest111

Tempest111 Established Member

according to their email they only accept paypal. I'll try convincing them to do escrow.

6. tricolorro

tricolorro Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi,

Usually it's the Seller that has to be concerned about chargebacks with PayPal.

You should be okay as the Buyer....except I just did a little research and came across this from another domain forum.

If it's the same person/company you may want to tread cautiously.

Someone named Warren Davis had a company named Digital Caucus
    and was doing deals on the other forum, then ...Warren Davis had his account terminated.

I don't know if this is the same Digital Caucus.
    http://www.DNF/member-warren-davis.html

Initially Feedback was good then turned sour:
    You'll have to log in there to read the Feedback.

http://www.DNF/itrader.php?u=75870

Patrick

7. originalitgirl

originalitgirl New Member

Digital Caucus... Digital Markup

I got one of these emails and it seemed fishy to me, too. When I Googled them I got this forum, so I decided to hold off on purchasing the domain they had offered me. Out of curiosity I went to the place that I normally shop for domains, and guess what? The .com name they had offered me was available. Seems to me that Digital Caucus doesn't buy these domains, they probably simply have a list of expired domains. Once somebody expresses interest, they buy it and mark it up, then resell it to you. Anyway I bought the domain for less than a quarter of their price and I'm a happy gal. So I guess I owe them a thanks for the heads up. :)

8. juanmfraga

juanmfraga New Member

I took the risk... it worked

I took the risk before reading this threat... they actually put the domain on an account with my name on it on less that 48 hours.

9. cazam

cazam New Member

dodgy dodgy dodgy!
    I got one of these emails too. Thank god I checked the forum - thanks guys! Would have paid $50 to get this domain through the <b>scam artist Warren Davis of Digital Caucus</b> when it is available on the net for £8.99!!!
    Thanks for saving me stress and money.

10. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Another ploy à la webnamesolution/securethatdomain ?

11. abcproductions

abcproductions Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

something smells fishy with this post

something smells fishy with this post from a FIRST TIME POSTER. this might be the scammer or an accomplice.

12. MarkS

MarkS New Member

Digital Caucus appear to be domain tasters or one of those companies that grab the domain simply to resell it. I recently was offered a .com domain because I own a .net version. They want $50 for it. I was offered the domain by another company first (InsightDomainVision.com, LeaderByChoice, Inc) trying to get me to bid on it.

Then a week later, I get an email from Digital Caucus trying to sell the domain to me.

It's all done under the guise of "helping you to secure the domain". Actually if I wanted the domain, what would help me greatly is that they stop acquiring the domain and then raping me with their high prices.

These things are not services. They're scams.

Check out http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=690337

13. orenet

orenet Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I should have known.
    I too, recently received a email from DC, stating they would sell me a dotcom , which I own the dotnet, for $150.
    I jumped on it, knowing I could actually use it, the dotcom. Paid with paypal.

Days later, I received a email stating a refund of my purchase , instead of transferring the domain to me, they probably kept it or NEVER had it in the first place.

At the very least, I did get a full refund, but I would of preferred the domain.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!