IT.COM

Anyone ever tried outbound domain sales via fax?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Grego85

Sweet.DomainsTop Member
Impact
Hey Pro's,

Just wondering if anyone here has tried outbound sales by faxing? It is very time consuming and frustrating trying to find email addresses which get to anyone important. I've noticed many companies list a fax number on their contact page. I wonder if faxing a sell sheet or maybe a letter might have a better chance to find its way into the right hands?

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. I'll try with just a single sales page, and maybe try a few with a cover sheet addressed to "marketing dept."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried it one time, just one fax and then quickly stopped as I was worried to if its legal or not.

•••
The response rate will probably be high but the results might not be what you want since they will most likely be mad at you for wasting their paper and ink. :-D

•••
Hey Pro's,

Just wondering if anyone here has tried outbound sales by faxing? It is very time consuming and frustrating trying to find email addresses which get to anyone important. I've noticed many companies list a fax number on their contact page. I wonder if faxing a sell sheet or maybe a letter might have a better chance to find its way into the right hands?

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. I'll try with just a single sales page, and maybe try a few with a cover sheet addressed to "marketing dept."

Interesting, what next ? snail mail !! ;P

•••
Interesting, what next ? snail mail !! ;P

Was thinking that too, actually. It would be easy for me to design and print some postcards and mail them out. I'm trying anything I can think of.

I get those spam faxes at my work and I always stop to grab them off the fax machine and read them. I'm going to try it out, but keep it simple.

•••
Actually many fax numbers now are efax therefore they might wind up at an email address not available on the site. Might be a good thing to try but I'd give them a way to opt out of receiving future faxes..

•••

Be very careful with this, as sending unsolicited messages via fax carries and enforceable fine.

In the 2000's I came across a company that sought out businesses that received unsolicited faxes, and they would go after the senders in court for monetary damages per each fax sent.

Just be aware that some businesses take unsolicited fax messages very seriously, no matter how valuable it may be to their business.

I'm curious, for discussion purposes, why can't you quickly reach the end user by eMail or phone? How exactly are you going about looking for decision makers emails?

•••
Be very careful with this, as sending unsolicited messages via fax carries and enforceable fine.

In the 2000's I came across a company that sought out businesses that received unsolicited faxes, and they would go after the senders in court for monetary damages per each fax sent.

Just be aware that some businesses take unsolicited fax messages very seriously, no matter how valuable it may be to their business.

I'm curious, for discussion purposes, why can't you quickly reach the end user by eMail or phone? How exactly are you going about looking for decision makers emails?

Thanks for the advice! I actually chickened out today and didn't send any faxes out, it just seems too risky.

For the most part I'm hunting on each prospects website, looking for contact emails. Rarely do I ever find any email address that isn't a general customer service email.

I would be very thankful for any advice on a better way to find the right people to conctact.

•••
Back