Dynadot

advice Any success stories selling to large end user/companies?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Curious of any success stories in selling a domain name by proactively pursuing a large end user/company.
Does it ever work?
Is there a particular strategy or process you used?

e.g. Suppose you own delivery.com, and you proactively pursue and end up selling to GrubHub or DoorDash

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe you mean outbounding. I think you need to contact the right person, and email of the right person can't be found easily, and customer service throws away all outbound emails.

I'm interested in getting emails from Linked in without being a member. Not sure how it can be done. I don't want to become a member with my actual name address phone or expertise.

•••
Thanks for educating me on the proper team "outbounding".
Just curious if anyone here on NP has had success with it.

•••
Thanks for educating me on the proper team "outbounding".
Just curious if anyone here on NP has had success with it.
Personally my biggest outbound sale was a .org domain for 1500$. Bought it for $21 on Dynadot expired domain auctions, and sold to a Spanish company in 1 month. Can't disclose the name sorry.

•••
I think it depends on the name.

In your example “delivery” has multiple trademarks. You pursuing a big company can help them in a UDRP situation. Also you never ever contact trademark holders for any reason. Those kind of names are best sold by inbound or a seasoned broker fielding your inbound for you.

I don’t think you will get alot of replies to this because many times big companies want an NDA and on the brokering end they aren’t about to give us their secret sauce or insider info.

For regular domainers and domains outbounding hardly reaches XXXX most times.

The only real exception is if you know some important high ranking insiders in that niche, company or both.

I remember someone here explaining few years back how they prepared an email on the merits of a specific law related name and sent it to some quantity of lawyers in that particular niche with a link to a buy it now. Basically saying first one clicks buy it now gets it. Risky strategy. It sold high 4 figures asking price shortly after.

•••
Back