Dynadot

question Any .org sales in 2018?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namebio has reported 284 .org sales so far in 2018, I think a pretty respectable rate. So far the highest sales were, not surprisingly, in nanotechnology and cryptocurrency:
nano(.)org sold for $13,969
bitcion(.)org (yes misspelled) sold at $10.000

•••
Namebio has reported 284 .org sales so far in 2018, I think a pretty respectable rate. So far the highest sales were, not surprisingly, in nanotechnology and cryptocurrency:
nano.org - great name
thanks for the info

•••

FYI, nano.org is rebranding of a cryptocurrency offering zero fee and instant transaction previously called Raiblock (XRB). So, basically it's not a nanotechnology company...

This is the news source:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessed...s-with-20-bull-run-this-morning/#7d4f20dc1567

•••
Thanks for the background on nano(.)org @Fuadiansyah - I had just assumed with a high price for a name like nano they were nanotechnology - should have checked. Thanks for link. So essentially they are misusing the name nano (since not nanotechnology) and also the extension .org (since not really an organization), someone critical might say! -_-

•••
Thanks for the background on nano(.)org @Fuadiansyah - I had just assumed with a high price for a name like nano they were nanotechnology - should have checked. Thanks for link. So essentially they are misusing the name nano (since not nanotechnology) and also the extension .org (since not really an organization), someone critical might say! -_-

This is their rationale behind the choice of the "nano" name:
When you think of the word nano, you envision a very short amount of time. This reference fits, as transactions are virtually instant and with no fees attached, we are ideally suited for micro transactions. In this respect, the name makes perfect sense.
Source: https://medium.com/@nanocurrency/the-rebrand-rationale-5c2f30af6e9c

Regarding the .org use, it's popular extension in cryptocurrency space. Didn't you know bitcoin using bitcoin.org, ethereum using ethereum.org, bitcoin cash using bitcoincash.org, cardano using cardanohub.org, NEO using neo.org? I was mentioning top 10 cryptocurrency on coinmarketcap.com.

So essentially, they do are organization consist of core developers who contribute to the opensource ecosystem.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for superb information, @Fuadiansyah! I did know that .org was common in crypto space, but did not at all realize the rationale of nano - as in nanosecond speed (as opposed to nanometre scales in traditional nanoscience). Totally agree it makes sense!

Re .org, in the cyptocurrency space it seems there is a mix of use by actual organizations, and also use by commercially oriented enterprises. I do realize there is no requirement that .com be used by commercial, .org by organizations, etc. but it is one of my pet peeve's that increasingly .org is getting used by non organizations.

Thanks again for excellent explanations and examples. Have a nice day!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back