IT.COM

discuss Any Million Dollar Domains in new gTLD's?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I just found one that I plan to use for my Marketplace....

MillionDollar.Domains

Who said there aren't any more Million Dollar Domains to hand reg? Stay tuned:xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••

MillionDollar.Domains

Who said there aren't any more Million Dollar Domains to hand reg? Stay tuned:xf.wink:
Better to list your names on dollar.domains

•••
1. It's much too long
2. It suggests your domains are overpriced
3. It gives an expectation of super premium domains, which will be sure to disappoint

As @MarketingStrategies.com suggested, dollar.domains would be much better

•••
•••
Don't like it either. Imagine a burger place advertising the best hamburgers ever, and then people found out they landed at McDonald's. Poor user experience, doesn't meet expectations.

Also, there is a handreg of the day thread here - https://www.namepros.com/threads/your-reg-of-the-day.528260/page-1253

Not sure how the forum would look like if everybody started a thread for each hand reg they did.

•••
1. It's much too long
2. It suggests your domains are overpriced
3. It gives an expectation of super premium domains, which will be sure to disappoint

As @MarketingStrategies.com suggested, dollar.domains would be much better
If you only knew how I plan to use it:xf.wink: I bet you don't own any Million Dollar Domains? Besides, it's not meant to attract domainers....Marketing101 tells me "end users" and new gTLD investors will click on this domain long before they will any other. Stay tuned...i already have two developers who have reached out(y)

btw, do you think "end users" or new gTLD investors have a clue what a "Super Premium Domain" is?

•••
If you only knew how I plan to use it:xf.wink: I bet you don't own any Million Dollar Domains? Besides, it's not meant to attract domainers....Marketing101 tells me "end users" and new gTLD investors will click on this domain long before they will any other. Stay tuned...i already have two developers who have reached out(y)

btw, do you think "end users" or new gTLD investors have a clue what a "Super Premium Domain" is?
You are clearly much smarter than I. Since I've only been investing in domains since 1996, I'm sort of a newbie to all this. I'm anxious to see the exciting new domain destination your 2 developers create. Good luck.

•••

MillionDollar.Domains

Oh you are the new owner of this domain? I am actually the first owner of it but I dropped it. It is a nice new gTLD that makes sense, if you would develop and list the million dollar sales on it. But if you want to use it as your marketplace, it won't work cause you probably don't own a million dollar domain. What do u think?

•••
What would you expect to find on...

MillionDollarCondos.com

MillionDollarCars.com

MillionDollarComputers.com

MillionDollarShoes.com

Keep in mind most end users are looking for cheap domains but with the keywords relevant to their business. Yes the phrase can imply high-quality but can you deliver to your visitor's expectations?

•••
•••
Oh you are the new owner of this domain? I am actually the first owner of it but I dropped it. It is a nice new gTLD that makes sense, if you would develop and list the million dollar sales on it. But if you want to use it as your marketplace, it won't work cause you probably don't own a million dollar domain. What do u think?

Thanks Ahmit...Yes, I am. We're thinking "close" to alike, and thanks for dropping it. Of course I don't own a million dollar domain, but I do plan on sharing with visitors to my site information about million dollar domains of which I believe there are about 140 of them. I'm sure you're aware of this, but once you have someones eyes and attention, smart marketing can transition a visitor to become a buyer, especially if they think there's a chance they can make money. Ahmit...when they see "appraisals" from the likes of Go Daddy for some of the domains I'll be selling, I think there may be a long shot chance I might sell a few domains. What do you think? Thanks,

ps. I really like your site Web.Enterprises....thanks for sharing.

•••

MillionDollar.Domains

I like this one. I wouldn't pay more than hand reg, but I think it is catchy and memorable. The downside is, like @JB Lions mentioned, at this point, you don't have the inventory to go with the name. While I don't think they'd need to really be million dollar domains, I'd only use it after I had a stable of $10k+ domains. Million does denote quality and the hyperbole is acceptable, imo.

But...I'd rather have Super.Domains or Great.Domains or even HighQuality.Domains, TheBest.Domains, KickAss.Domains etc. Still it spans the dot better than some others you've floated.

•••
I like this one. I wouldn't pay more than hand reg, but I think it is catchy and memorable. The downside is, like @JB Lions mentioned, at this point, you don't have the inventory to go with the name. While I don't think they'd need to really be million dollar domains, I'd only use it after I had a stable of $10k+ domains. Million does denote quality and the hyperbole is acceptable, imo.

But...I'd rather have Super.Domains or Great.Domains or even HighQuality.Domains, TheBest.Domains, KickAss.Domains etc. Still it spans the dot better than some others you've floated.
"i think it is catchy and memorable" ...thanks Dude. While hosting a scotch tasting last night I floated my Million Dollar Domains idea by several of my buds, and they agree with you. Problem is dude, you're thinking like a domainer, and my target market isn't you. Finally, assuming the name is "catchy and memorable" it will attract it's share of "clicks" despite the fact that it's a new gTLD. It's because I'm a business guy first, a marketer second and a domainer a distant third, it's things like this that will determine success; https://fizzle.co/sparkline/timeless-ideas-for-more-visitors

Thanks for for your input dude...it was helpful(y)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Ahmit...Yes, I am. We're thinking "close" to alike, and thanks for dropping it. Of course I don't own a million dollar domain, but I do plan on sharing with visitors to my site information about million dollar domains of which I believe there are about 140 of them. I'm sure you're aware of this, but once you have someones eyes and attention, smart marketing can transition a visitor to become a buyer, especially if they think there's a chance they can make money. Ahmit...when they see "appraisals" from the likes of Go Daddy for some of the domains I'll be selling, I think there may be a long shot chance I might sell a few domains. What do you think? Thanks,

ps. I really like your site Web.Enterprises....thanks for sharing.

I like the name and I wish you the best. Sounds like a good project!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back