IT.COM

discuss Any known sale of end user bought at x then sold at y?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Do you know any case where an end user company bought a domain at a known price and then sold at another known price when business failed or for other reasons?

The recent sale of Ice.com for $3.5 m would be a perfect example if we also know the price the company paid in 1999/2000.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think cars.com
And possibly, soon, seva.com ;)

•••
Several examples out there, now you only want if the company who bought then sold it?

•••
A recent example mentioned in DNJ is calltracking if memory serves me right.

•••
now you only want if the company who bought then sold it?
Yes, it shows companies that buying domains is an investment not an expense, as shown in the excellent case of Ice.com.

•••
Toys.com
Bought by toys r us and auctioned off recently.
Paid 5.1 million in 2009
Auctioned off this year. Do not know how much it sold for.

Last edited:
•••
I sold the domain name Stamped.com for $20,000 in 2011.
The new owner developed an app with it and sold the service Stamped.com to Yanoo for 10 million the next year 2012.

Last edited:
•••
The new owner developed an app with it and sold the service Stamped.com to Yanoo for 10 million the next year 2012.
Damn! I am in the wrong business. I should have been an app developer. :xf.wink:
Stamped.com now forwards to mobile.yahoo.com

Last edited:
•••
Incredible!

•••

Wow! :greedy:

•••
Just look at your ROI though not disclosed and be happy for your customer.

•••
Back