IT.COM

question Any issues with adding a domain with BIN on multiple markets?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
What kind of issues can we expect if we put domain for sales as BIN type on multiple markets?

At times I remember few people mentioning about order being placed on both the markets at the same time for some reason, probably with some wrong intention?
Would there be a penalty if something like that happens, since we would not have the domain with us now for the other order?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You risk losing your account if you fail to proceed with a sale which of course you can’t with two sales of same name. It’s rare but it happens particularly if you price them differently at the two markets.

•••
Upvote 0
You risk losing your account if you fail to proceed with a sale which of course you can’t with two sales of same name. It’s rare but it happens particularly if you price them differently at the two markets.
Wouldn't it be the same case even if the BIN price was same on all the markets?

•••
Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be the same case even if the BIN price was same on all the markets?
Yes. Read the TOS or TOA for each marketplace. You are legally bound as a seller to provide the goods, so to speak.

Afternic FT especially requires that the domain be immediately available for transfer, so that becomes especially concerning if you are unable to complete the transaction. That's one where I would definitely not risk the possibility of a failed sale due to the domain being sold elsewhere. But read the documents they provide, and see what you are comfortable doing.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Yes. Read the TOS or TOA for each marketplace. You are legally bound as a seller to provide the goods, so to speak.

Afternic FT especially requires that the domain be immediately available for transfer, so that becomes especially concerning if you are unable to complete the transaction. That's one where I would definitely not risk the possibility of a failed sale due to the domain being sold elsewhere. But read the documents they provide, and see what you are comfortable doing.
Sure. Planning to list as Make offer on all platforms except one as Buy now. That should be the best way.
By any chance, can someone purposefully do that for any reason within a short period of time? unless I forget to remove from the rest of the markets.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back