IT.COM

Any good hosting deals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am with HostHawk for around 6 years but think I am overpaying on their old plan.

Missed out on the BF deals (some procrastination and focused on domain deals).

Should I wait for Xmas deals or post Xmas?

No real rush as my annual plan with Hosthawk runs well into next year.

Just don't want the hassle of migranting domains over.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many sites you own? If you are not afraid of EIG Hosts, Hostgator is the best one. I have been using them since 2014, never encountered any issue like EIG haters(most of them are inexperienced, expecting hosting company to do web development for you) claim.
See this page for one year unlimited shared hosting for $45

Last edited:
•••
If you’re hosting simple sites (no forums with sql databases), and have low traffic, most any host will do - but avoid GoDaddy - however the least expensive I’ve found with great tech support for shared server is Hostinger.

If you have high traffic and forums you’ll need at least a VPS at someplace with good ability to tweak your server settings, something fully managed that is also willing to help with high level tech support like Liquid Web. Even though fully managed, Hostgator VPS is not very good at providing the level of tech support needed to maintain and optimize forum databases, you’ll be on your own with Hostgator.

Over all you’ll find that no one is giving anything away. If one host is charging less it’s because it’s lacking in tech support, not fully managed or missing something like cPanel, has less cores, less space available, etc. Look for the storage, speed, bandwidth, processor power, and features you need - and then do your research to see what level of tech support that host really supplies.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Interserver.net is great and runs they own datacenters.

•••
If you pay upfront, you get a pretty deep discount at GoDaddy for the entire period you pay upfront. I paid 3 years and it was quite cheap. After the 3 years I just do the same thing over and port over my stuff to the new account. Their standard discount is pretty good .. you can also try my affiliate link in my signature .. I forget what the discount is for hosting (it's 30% for domain products, but sometimes more for hosting).

•••
I like SiteGround.com and have had no complaints over a year in with them now. I recommend locking in the 3-years up front at the low initial cost because what I did was one year at the low cost and now the renewal costed more than 3 years would have if I had signed up for it all at once.

Last edited:
•••
I am with HostHawk for around 6 years but think I am overpaying on their old plan.

You mean hawkhost?

Last edited:
•••
•••

I used more hosting packages of different hosting companies. But I would recommend Frantech.
Cheapest prices, no coupon needed, all time fixed price, cPanel, high performance, free backups and great support.

1GB/100GB/5 domains - $8/year
5GB/500GB/25 domains -$13/year
20GB/1TB/50 domains - $18/year

Reseller, VPS available.

Referral link

•••
I used more hosting packages of different hosting companies. But I would recommend Frantech.
Cheapest prices, no coupon needed, all time fixed price, cPanel, high performance, free backups and great support.

1GB/100GB/5 domains - $8/year
5GB/500GB/25 domains -$13/year
20GB/1TB/50 domains - $18/year

Reseller, VPS available.
Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 1.02.09 PM.png

•••
•••
•••
If you have the $8 a year link, I'll check it out.

Go to the link, click Store menu, choose Luxemburg Webhosting - first package is for $8/year 1GB space/100Gb monthly traffic/5 addon domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back