Dynadot

Any full time domainers here?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
Fulltime domainer i mean a domainer with his major source of income is from domains ,tell us how is your typical day and your portfolio size and sales.

Related:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes but one should also be able to afford an unsteady "job" (if they take up domaining as a full time profession). Not a lot of folks can. In fact, as @urljunky pointed out above, in some parts of the world, an average domainer with a family definitely cannot not live off just domaining.
Yes, average domainer can't live...
But successful domainers can live everywhere, because domaining itself - provides the unlimited possibilities...
In short, domaining is for people with high intellect... this activity is not for everyone apriori.

Last edited:
•••
And as already said @Federer - you don't need to work full time when you built your own model which makes money for you...
The best domainers work even a few hours per week...

•••
I planed to spent 3 years as a full-time domainer. If i failed, i would come back to the office and work as a staff like my friends.
I'm young, living in the developing country, living in my parent's house, no wife and no kids.
If you live in EU or USA, have wife and kids, do another jobs. Once you get rich, you can invest in domains like a pension funds.
dribbble_lettering_05_1x.jpg

•••
Pension funds can't multiply your money...
Domaining - CAN... and even within short period of time...

Last edited:
•••
Just my own little example...
I regged ~30 LLL.BIZ (for testing purpose) for ~$3 and during latest CHIPs bubble sold them in a bulk for $75 each (25x)...
And my biggest mistake - that only ~30... because were tons available.

Last edited:
•••
And then directly on various Chinese auctions they were traded up to $2XX each...
I don't use CN-platforms... and this my 2nd mistake regarding this theme.

•••
So your financial results depend completely on your skills.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks God! I live in 3rd world! :xf.laugh:
I only need to sell 1 domain permonth, and that's it! :xf.grin: pay electricity $10, Internet $30, food $300, buy some candy!:xf.wink: if you know what I mean, $30, basically total cost to live in 3rd worlds can be $300-400!

just suggestion if you want to make domainer full time, move to 3rd world!:ROFL: LMAO!
(its jokes for God sake!)

•••
I don't know what is 3rd world, I don't live in it.
Please don't waste my time and time of others with your stupid posts.

•••
I went full-time for a few years after my wife died very suddenly in 2007. (didn't really even want to get out of bed) But. of course it relied on how much work I put in, But it kept me sane and I survived on it. The trouble is it's not regular. one month you've got more sales than you needed, the next nothing to pay the bills. Thinned out my portfolio no-end but that wasn't such a bad thing overall.

it also allowed me to live on the island of Tenerife for a year and do a lot of travelling. Trouble there was I was too old for all the partying (and other bad habits) wasn't like I was 21 again. So now officially retired and back in the UK. Truth is I've never been back to work (not even for a day) since 2007

Last edited:
•••
Terribly sorry to hear that @BaileyUK but it does give me some much needed perspective. Many of us could use the same. Strangely too I sometimes think domains keep me sane when otherwise I'm quite convinced I am losing my grip.

Btw Jurgen, Harrist did say it was a joke. Don't take it personally.

Last edited:
•••
Another very important factor - art of negotiations... to get the maximum from each incoming buyer...
And even Seller's psychology... many domainers are not even mentally ready to trade in 4F and 5F range...
That's why their profit is low even with regular sales.

Last edited:
•••
Another very important factor - art of negotiations... to get the maximum from each incoming buyer...
And even Seller's psychology... many domainers are not even mentally ready to trade in 4F and 5F range...
That's why their profit is low even with regular sales.

interesting you should mention 'ability' I was surprised to learn how many kids these days leave school with the basics in all the Office software and even basic web design, then all want to be Web-designers. back in our days it was wood/metal work followed by Engineering design and we all wanted to be car or aircraft designers.

nobody ever really teaches Salesmanship

Last edited:
•••
For me domaining is my freedom... I'm the master of my time... And rules are mine... And this is priceless for me.

•••
interesting you should mention 'ability' I was surprised to learn how many kids these days leave school with the basics in all the Office software and even basic web design, then all want to be Web-designers. back in our days it was wood/metal work followed by Engineering design and we all wanted to be car or aircraft designers.

nobody ever really teaches Salesmanship
Sad that schools don't teach organization, finance, saving money/budgeting, balancing a checkbook let alone a balance sheet, taxes, public speaking, salesmanship, business ethics, basic morals, dealing with emotions, physical presentation, good hygiene, and a huge list of other basics required to be independent and basically a normal productive member of society. Kids should be taught all this at an early age and be masters by the time they graduate. But then we wouldn't have ditch diggers and subservience.

As far as domaining being a full time job, there is so much to be had in this world that a life full of nothing but trading names seems like a waste (for me). In this day and age, your customer base is massive and easily targeted, there is no reason you can't do whatever else you love and make a nice living at it. I think the key is persistence, and a desire to always learn and make changes. Getting discouraged and giving up is the norm, another thing they should teach in school (persistence).

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes we have done this for many years full time but we dont work all the time i prefer to enjoy life and do things i want when i want :)

•••
To domain full time you need to come up with strategies that make money if its acquiring names all day and building your portfolio up or if its outbound emails to sell names you need to find what will make you enough money and run with it. 3 main ingredients for success coffee knowledge and time

•••
If you have a successful blog you can live off that and be a "domainer" on the side. I know a couple people that have successful blogs and earn $35k a month just from advertising on their site. But that is the key they are bloggers not domainers. Even if they blog about domaining that doesn't make them a domainer they are still a blogger.

Last edited:
•••
If you have a successful blog you can live off that and be a "domainer" on the side. I know a couple people that have successful blogs and earn $35k a month just from advertising on their site. But that is the key they are bloggers not domainers. Even if they blog about domaining that doesn't make them a domainer they are still a blogger.

$35 k a month from a domain blog ? Do you think that's possible

•••
It is a food blog and $35k is just from advertising. That doesn't count $$ from shows or youtube videos etc..
Companies pay big bucks to have them review their brand on their site and post their videos on youtube.

•••
What about domain blog how much does a popular domain blog make

•••
It is a food blog and $35k is just from advertising. That doesn't count $$ from shows or youtube videos etc..
Companies pay big bucks to have them review their brand on their site and post their videos on youtube.
what's the medium or average income of full time bloggers?

•••
I've been selling domains full time for almost 10 years now. Its often a feast and famine kind of thing. Also a work 7 days a week at all hours kind of thing.

•••
I've been selling domains full time for almost 10 years now. Its often a feast and famine kind of thing. Also a work 7 days a week at all hours kind of thing.
What's your portfolio size, where your sales come from ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back