IT.COM

question Any example of a practical use of .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OceanKing

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

today i just tried nearly 50 domain searches to register xyz domains. But almost all i searched were taken. But non of them have live website i can say. All showing a for sale landing page.
recently i saw huge sales of xyz domains in the after market. but i dont see a real use of them.

please advise to understand this.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
type this into google u will find some

namepros xyz revealed

•••
My article on what sells in xyz has a number of examples in the section on current use (about 3/4 down in long article). The majority seem to be web3 in some way.

https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-look-at-what-sells-in-xyz.1246484/

Overall I found that about 44% of major sales were in use, a number similar to other extensions that I have analyzed.

It is true in most extensions that the majority of registered names are either not in active use or for sale. XYZ is no different.

Bob

PS Among major adoptions of late are block.xyz and spiral.xyz, both associated with the Square payment system. Google have used abc.xyz for their investor relations newsletter and commentaries to investors for a number of years. Apple and Amazon simply direct their xyz to their main site currently.

PPS I did a more recent article that also looked at use of xyz names that sold. Those that sold for $20,000 plus were more apt to be quickly developed. Most use continued to be web3 in some sense, and I explain how the extension got known early to the web3 community.

https://www.namepros.com/blog/past-12-months-of-xyz-a-look-at-the-data.1264760/

In terms of measures of overall use, xyz is still well behind the legacy extensions, although gaining some ground from a few years ago.

Last edited:
•••
Agora.xyz
Squid.xyz
Arcade.xyz
Flip.xyz
Siren.xyz

•••
Large amount of dot coms we sell don’t go into immediate usage or they end up on a higher priced lander because another domainer bought it.

That shouldn’t matter to us. What should matter to us is whether we can sell the xyzs or not.

•••
You can type this at google.com site:.xyz or site:.xyz+niche that you want to target, then enter to know potential opportunity via google search result page.

I say this with my seo experience more than 10 years, help small business and medium scale company . There is no special different whether you use .xyz , .net or . com , etc in seo perspective.

But for long term brand ( when you have more budget, let's say $500k $1m or more ) , you can secure high quality .com domain.

•••
They are mostly used for web3.0 crypto nft and so on.
I have one as well: nvm.xyz for which I started my own token based on Fantom network.

•••
Hello,

today i just tried nearly 50 domain searches to register xyz domains. But almost all i searched were taken. But non of them have live website i can say. All showing a for sale landing page.
recently i saw huge sales of xyz domains in the after market. but i dont see a real use of them.

please advise to understand this.

Thank you.
Since this topic (and Swetha in particular) is talked about daily, best search out the forum as well as read posts at TLDinvestors.com (by @equity78 ).

•••
I will say that I am seeing more businesses outside of the web3, crypto, and nft space using .xyz At the end of the day, these premium renewals are really the main hindrance stopping .xyz from being more mainstream. IMO

•••
I will say that I am seeing more businesses outside of the web3, crypto, and nft space using .xyz At the end of the day, these premium renewals are really the main hindrance stopping .xyz from being more mainstream. IMO

It depends when you got them, I have 3 LLL.xyz with standard renewal fee. If I let them drop, I bet that they will have premium as all 3 letter domains.

•••
It depends when you got them, I have 3 LLL.xyz with standard renewal fee. If I let them drop, I bet that they will have premium as all 3 letter domains.
That's true, all of my .xyz are standard renewal as well. I just feel that we won't see more adoption because corps don't want to pay 4 figures every year for renewals on premium keywords even though we know they can afford it. It's crazy...

Last edited:
•••
Mostly I have seen crypto companies using xyz. There was a discussion in a crypto group in which we are trying to name a new DAO representing that group. I tried to suggest some available .com names but most young lads were of the opinion that .com sounds like a boomer thing and went for another name available in xyz. Recently I saw an e-commerce fashion site using xyz (that was a youtube ad) - https://www.mehar.xyz/

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back