IT.COM

Any domain marketplaces cheaper than Flippa for auction format?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
I was wondering if there are any good traffic and well known auction sites that let yuou list auction format domain names (with or without buynow option to go with it) and that do it either for nothing or for cheaper than the $9 flippa fee. again, it's for domain names only. no websites.

many thanks for any input on this!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hehe just kidding about Craigslist

hmmm.. I never checked.. so I went by the good ol rule that you can buy anything on craiglist
or kiji for that matter.. but I guess they are both out of picture for domains.

oh well.. to be honest I'm a bit suprised ebay allows domain selling

all those people posting domains there at 1million a pop... it makes ebay look the way ebay probably does not want to look imo

•••
fair enough. well noted by me and others too I'm sure
thank you

If you care to publicly share which domain(s) you'd like to list here, I can tell you straight-away whether a Flippa auction vs Portfolio (offer/counter-offer/buy-now) listing would be the way to go.

It's $9 to list, but free relists (in perpetuity). Many sellers have had success after relisting once or twice, so instead of $9 for a week or month, it might take longer -- but the fee remains the same, and the commission is always a flat 10%.

•••
thanks!
good to know!
so if I do not start from zero.. or have reserve.. or both.. and it does not sell (cause I gather just about everything that starts at 0$ and has no reserve, does sell on first attempt), then I can relist for free, forever and til it sells. not bad at all

•••
If you decide to go the Flippa route please feel free to message me.

•••
Freemarket dot com is good to use against flippa but there is no surety of getting paid after the item is sold. I had bad experiences there more than two times. Since that is free to use, there are fake buyer in big quantity so don't relax if your auction is successful unless you get paid.

•••
Anyone know how long for BIDO to respond to support tickets? Been a few days... Their phone number seems to be disconnected or not working, their live chat is never online at any point of the day.

Freemarket had a open tix for weeks about a issue that went unresolved, yet they responded to the tix of closing my acct within a day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back