Dynadot

Any cheap .biz transfers? Cheapest I found so far is Doteasy. Are they legit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
I have 41 .biz domains to transfer. The cheapest I could find is Doteasy for $8.50 which still seems too much and I don's have any experience with this registrar? Are they legit? I recently read about a registrar who has a 'Transfer Out Fee' but I can't remember who that is?

Any suggestions/information will be appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Stay away from doteasy. Never had to pay a renewal or $15 penalty to get auth codes due to promo. Slimy, owned by netsol company. Correct me if i am wrong there but please do not use this registrar

•••
I have 41 .biz domains to transfer. The cheapest I could find is Doteasy for $8.50 which still seems too much and I don's have any experience with this registrar? Are they legit? I recently read about a registrar who has a 'Transfer Out Fee' but I can't remember who that is?

Any suggestions/information will be appreciated!

About two years ago, when I asked Doteasy support, they said they waived the domain transfer fee out.

Ask for their support again. Although unfortunately support (this applies to many registrars) is often misleading with their answers.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Stay away from doteasy. Never had to pay a renewal or $15 penalty to get auth codes due to promo. Slimy, owned by netsol company. Correct me if i am wrong there but please do not use this registrar
I noticed they have some $0 transfers - is that the 'promo' you went in under or did you pay something like the $8.50 I paid on the 1 domain I already transferred in? I'm just trying to understand what I'm up for here. Thanks.

•••
Is it possible that you are looking under the 'WHOIS Privacy' column instead of the Transfer column? It tells me $13,68 for a transfer to Directnic and $13,22 for Easyspace.

Woops... You're right :)

•••
Yes they were promo’s
Read fine print and link to $0 transfers please. Thanks @Allysin

Last edited:
•••
https://www.doteasy.com/terms/terms-and-conditions.cfm#domain-registration
@aelko can decypher that. I was trying to get a hold of you to show how to get .75 .ca domain
Hard to contact lol
049EFB3C-B0B8-47B6-B533-084A45DF15CC.png00D315FF-B690-4AA7-B7A4-73DF0BE00961.png
Edit: i see that is expired names, their still slimy as Rob Monster a

Last edited:
•••
BE8AF910-E1C2-4053-BCF3-8F630E007132.png537B5EFC-7E9A-4F2D-8A7D-F7CA1CB7BE0D.png
Sad. Last resort.
If your really desperate. Is there still 3 or 5 day wait for requesting codes like netsol?

•••
•••
https://www.doteasy.com/terms/terms-and-conditions.cfm#domain-registration
@aelko can decypher that. I was trying to get a hold of you to show how to get .75 .ca domain
Hard to contact lol
Show attachment 228305Show attachment 228306
Edit: i see that is expired names, their still slimy as Rob Monster a
Is it this?

If your hosting plan includes a free domain name, you will be required to pay a Domain Reimbursement Fee to reimburse Doteasy for the domain name registration when you do any of the following before your hosting plan subscription expires:

1. You cancel your hosting plan subscription.
  2. You change to a hosting plan or term that does not offer a free domain name.
  3. You transfer the domain name to another domain registrar.
The amount of this fee will vary depending on the domain type and on the registration term.

•••
Back