NameSilo

Another Long One...But a Good On This Time...Or Am I Crazy?

Located in General Domain Discussion started by Dustie, Apr 21, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. johnnie018

johnnie018 Account Auto-Closed

Friends won’t tell you if they think bad idea, same for people you meet. They just say good idea so exciting and wait for the disaster.

It is bad idea but I think you aren’t listen and thus will be expensive lesson on new tld confusion. You know these extensions all failing??

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. maurixius

maurixius Established Member

I agree with most that dustie.com is your brand. Dusty.art is just fomo of what happened 20 years ago with dusty.com. At the end of the day it is your money and your decision Dustie (your brand)

3. Dustie

Dustie Upgraded Member Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Maurixius, I gave up the idea of dusty.art a couple of days ago. It was an impulse and you're right that it had to do with passing up dusty.com years ago. You're right that it's a bad idea too. If it ever comes down to a decent price though, I'll probably still go for it though, cause it's a .ART and I believe that TLD is far from failing!

Just not enough people even know that the .art name exists now. All the artist's I've talked to have never heard of it. Two years and an overthought out poor launch slowed recognition of this new TLD way down. However, I believe t's too good a TLD to hold it down over the long term. Search the word ARTIST in google and you get 4,260,000,000 results.. That is not 4 Million, but 4 BILLION!!!

Johnnie08... I just don't believe that, however you look at it, .ART is going to fail. Just the opposite in fact. I believe that .ART is going to be one of the most well know (and highly sought after) TLDs. I may be letting those 4 BILLION, 260 MILLION results take over my better judgement, but somehow, I just don't think that's the case. Time will tell... In the meantime I'm going to be sharing and shouting my domain Dustie.art to the world. I've even ordered a couple of Tshirts that say.. Dustie.Art Promoting the Arts, Both Online and Off.

And, as I have said before, I do not now, nor did I ever, work for the .art people. Though, the way I feel about this particular TLD, they should probably hire me!

Oh, and did I mention that if you look up ART on Google, it throws back 18 BILLION results!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  4. Cal2

Cal2 Established Member

Do any of the Tshirts have something like Dus[image of a tie].Art on it? :)

Tshirt with a tie image on it?
    https://www.google.com/search?sourc.....gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0j0i131i10.Afc0DorZJd8

Tie with Dustie.Art written vertically on it?

Maybe some tie/s with images of your artwork on it?

What I'm getting at: A visual hammer - one that's distinctive but associative - can be useful for helping memory, marketing:
    https://www.ries.com/2015/05/19/what-can-a-red-nose-do/
    https://www.ries.com/2015/09/12/striking-out-cancer-with-a-visual-hammer-2/

I once had a tie that had an image on it of Mickey Mouse sitting at the bottom of some stairs, in a Thinker position. If there was a tie I could relate to, that was the one.

5. Cal2

Cal2 Established Member

6. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Top Member PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

dusty.com is not developed. You could likely purchase it from uniregistry.

7. Dustie

Dustie Upgraded Member Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Cal, you do have an imagination, however being as I'm a girl, I think a Tshirt with a tie on it would not quite fit with my style... I'm a Big Disney and Mickey fan, so I'd have love to have that same Micky image you mentioned on a scarfs though.

Sure, if I had a boatload of money in my pocket.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice