Dynadot

alert ANOTHER GoDaddy scammer claiming to be GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch
Regarding ICANN's latest confirming contact info , the scammers have a new twist. This one is from China. Pretty slick.. I almost fell for it. Don't you. Read what I got today:
Dear GoDaddy Customer,

ICANN has implemented a new Transfer Policy which affects all ICANN-accredited registrars. The Transfer Policy takes effect 1 December 2016.This email is in response to ICANN's requirement that registrars ask their customers to confirm that their contact information in WHOIS is accurate. You can read more about this requirement on ICANN's site at http://www.icann.org/whois/wdrp-registrant-faq.htm.?

You have registered one or more domains from Godaddy Inc. and verification of the Registrant email address is required for these domain name(s) to remain active. Please click the link below to verify the email address. If you don't verify your email address, we’re required to temporarily put your website on hold until verification is complete.*
Please cut-and-paste the following URL into an open web browser to complete the verification process:

http://www.godaddy-verification.com...ificationCode=473E-RTFU-QSZl-Z2QL-EFEE38A5869

Please remember that under the terms of the registration agreement, providing false WHOIS information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration.
Thanks for your attention to this matter, Please do not reply to this email. Emails sent to this address will not be answered.?
Thanks for being a GoDaddy customer.

When you go to the recommended URL you are asked to login and put in your Go Daddy info. DO NOT do this.... If you do you have given away your Go Daddy details to a scammer.

This is the whois info for godaddy-verification.com
Domain Name: GODADDY-VERIFICATION.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2107321331_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 2017-05-23T02:40:53Z
Creation Date: 2017-03-23T05:19:52Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-03-23T05:19:52Z
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: afesf
Registrant Organization: ads
Registrant Street: sdfdsf fdsfd
Registrant City: fddsfds
Registrant State/Province: Jilin
Registrant Postal Code: 123123
Registrant Country: CN
Registrant Phone: +010.12312312
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for the info. I'm new to this forum so I guess this will be my first post then.
Some of the scammers are quite good. But sometimes you got to wonder why some of them don't even use spell check. I mean that makes no sense at all.

•••
Thank you for the post since it is so helpful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back