Dynadot

Another Fake Offer in Dan

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

M0rd0r

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I would like to share another fake offer for one of my domains on Dan.com.

This time the offer was not from India or Thailand. The offer came from USA.

I received an inbound offer and I accepted. The buyer never paid. Unfortunately this scenario is more common in Dan than in other marketplaces I have sold another domains.

If it can be useful for you, the buyer name is:
Valerie Nicole Elizondo

This situation is annoying. What about to ask a symbolic deposit of $20 to allow make offers to sellers on Dan.com @LaszloSchenk?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This happens everywhere imo. I had more fake offers, low ballers and fishing expeditions on Efty and GD than anywhere. Get used to it.

Sometimes it’s someone with a similar name trying to see what you are asking. The way to eliminate that is set a buy it now after they contact you.

•••
Trust me it a bigger headache for DAN than sellers lol
My last fake offerer hung up the phone on them

Last edited:
•••
This happens everywhere imo. I had more fake offers, low ballers and fishing expeditions on Efty and GD than anywhere. Get used to it.

Sometimes it’s someone with a similar name trying to see what you are asking. The way to eliminate that is set a buy it now after they contact you.

Yes, a few months ago but it , I put BIN price on 95% of my domains.
Trust me it a bigger headache for DAN than sellers lol
My last fake offerer hung up the phone on them

Yes, you are right. I don't think they like to loose their cut.

•••
I think those people tried to hand reg the domain and when they figure out that it is not available then try to hurt the owner's feelings.

•••
Set BIN at DAN is one of the best solution to eliminate a fake offer. Alternatively before someone can make an offer , you can create your own landing page on your hosting with strong spam protection , then set a redirect after they submit an offer .

So they would go to https : //dan. com/orders/checkout/yourdomainname , but we should set BIN first to ensure our redirect work .Its my favourite and I never get fake offer again, cause traffic doesn't always from real human , there are many bots traffic , some of bots can fill the form automatically , its really worthless and waste our time .

Last edited:
•••
Set BIN at DAN is one of the best solution to eliminate a fake offer. Alternatively before someone can make an offer , you can create your own landing page on your hosting with strong spam protection , then set a redirect after they submit an offer .

So they would go to https : //dan. com/orders/checkout/yourdomainname , but we should set BIN first to ensure our redirect work .Its my favourite and I never get fake offer again, cause traffic doesn't always from real human , there are many bots traffic , some of bots can fill the form automatically , its really worthless and waste our time .

Thanks for sharing your approach to this issue @Pay.My.id.

I have set almost all my porfolio BIN, but I would like to offer the possibility to negotiate to the buyer (usually I allow a margin of 50% as min offer).

As far as I understand, using your approach, the buyer won't be able to make me an offer, right?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

•••

Do you show the price on your landing ?
Have you split tested redirecting to dan checkout instead of redirecting to dan landers ?

•••
Hi,

I would like to share another fake offer for one of my domains on Dan.com.

This time the offer was not from India or Thailand. The offer came from USA.

I received an inbound offer and I accepted. The buyer never paid. Unfortunately this scenario is more common in Dan than in other marketplaces I have sold another domains.

If it can be useful for you, the buyer name is:
Valerie Nicole Elizondo

This situation is annoying. What about to ask a symbolic deposit of $20 to allow make offers to sellers on Dan.com @LaszloSchenk?
Good morning @M0rd0r,

We fully understand the frustration that comes with it as we experience it as well while chasing your buyers by phone and email. However, the product team is currently building some additional changes that will reduce the numbers significantly. Until that time I do recommend using a BIN + lease to own setup. We notice that buyers who are legitimately interested will always contact our support desk. In turn, we can relay that offer to you still.

Have a great week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back