IT.COM

Another Bad Sign For .mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new 2.0 firmware for the iPhone and iPod Touch includes a new Safari shortcut that goes beyond ".com".

According to The Unofficial Apple Weblog, when you type in your web address you can now hold down the ".com" button to get the choice of three more extensions - ".net", ".edu" and ".org" - but no ".mobi"

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/15/iphone-101-hold-your-com-button-for-a-second/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just dont see value in .mobi unless the mobile web changes and it wont anytime soon.

Regards,

Robbie

•••
I don't see why Jeff thinks .tel is brandable...no one calls it a "telephone" anymore. Even .web, its just another new extention that will have zero traffic unless developed.

•••
Jasonn said:
I don't see why Jeff thinks .tel is brandable...no one calls it a "telephone" anymore. Even .web, its just another new extention that will have zero traffic unless developed.

he doesnt think its highly brandable. he just keeps saying that in hopes someone will debate with him about .mobi...

•••
Jasonn said:
mjnels said:
he doesnt think its highly brandable. he just keeps saying that in hopes someone will debate with him about .mobi...
He just enjoys instigating things here, and getting people riled up, so he can get a 'flame war' started and draw eyeballs. Notice how he always has to make the last retort with a 'shot' thrown in it. It's to keep things stirred up. He, ..it?, enjoys the impunity he has to do so. I think his antagonizing reveals more than just 'his' enjoyment.

•••
Jasonn said:

I'm a big fan of .web. I do agree with you that its just another extension until developed but that's the point. .web screams development for me.

•••
yea his insidious rhetoric has become extremely nauseating (really wish np had a puking smilie)

•••
namewaiter said:
yea his insidious rhetoric has become extremely nauseating (really wish np had a puking smilie)
peace friend :snaphappy:
lmao

•••
I've got a great idea... Instead of continuing to bring attention to a single person, how about refuting claims with facts and/or analysis?

•••
And how about using the "Ignore" function if we just can't get along :)

Seriously folks, it's there for a reason! I don't know why it bothers some people so much around here when someone expresses an opinion they don't agree with. I've learnt plenty from people I don't always agree with and appreciate their differing opinions. It's too bad some members here would rather fight with experienced members rather than learn from their wisdom.

GF said:
I've got a great idea... Instead of continuing to bring attention to a single person, how about refuting claims with facts and/or analysis?

•••
-REECE- said:

Seriously folks, it's there for a reason! I don't know why it bothers some people so much around here when someone expresses an opinion they don't agree with. I've learnt plenty from people I don't always agree with and appreciate their differing opinions. It's too bad some members here would rather fight with experienced members rather than learn from their wisdom.

YESSSSSSS!

"Ignore" is great, although to be honest nobody is on my ignore list. :hearts:

•••
-REECE- said:

It seems like Jeff's whole reason for being on this board is to annoy and be a broken record. Just look at his sig. What does this guy do? Anything? Is he/was he ever a domainer? Just because he has a million posts doesn't mean he knows what hes talking about. His posts regarding .mobi more than anything make him look like a sad spiteful person.

•••
Jasonn said:
It seems like Jeff's whole reason for being on this board is to annoy and be a broken record. Just look at his sig. What does this guy do? Anything? Is he/was he ever a domainer? Just because he has a million posts doesn't mean he knows what hes talking about. His posts regarding .mobi more than anything make him look like a sad spiteful person.
Hard to argue with reasoning.

•••
Whilst I do wonder at his motives & rarely agree with Jeff, I do value his presence on NP - someones got to stir it up!!

•••
Lively debates are so much more interesting than threads where everyone agrees with each other one way or the other. You can really learn a lot when a couple senior members start trying to prove each other wrong.

Namepros needs a popcorn emote :imho:

netfleet said:
Whilst I do wonder at his motives & rarely agree with Jeff, I do value his presence on NP - someones got to stir it up!!

•••
GF said:

that doesnt work.

•••
If you aren't Secure with your "extension" - There must be a reason for it. Otherwise it wouldn't matter who is talking bad about it ...

I hear they have pills for that now.

Thread closed ~

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back