Dynadot

sales Another 4 .XYZ Sold by DNGear for over $100,000 USD!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another non-answer that answers the question.

There are no "non - answers", there are only answers - we just need to understand their message.
I answered your question.
Let me know if you have another one - even if it is the same *

* the same question can be answered in various ways and the way how I answered your question was necessary in regards to your absurd claim that there "... isn't a single person on the planet who would rather have a name in .xyz over the same name in .com, and we all know it ..."

Last edited:
•••
.com availability is gone!! Xyz is the new generation answer

Actually, we're in agreement, you're just misunderstanding what I'm arguing. My point is literally exactly what you said: people buy .XYZ because the .COM is not available.

•••
great work .xyz is flying lately

•••
•••
Let's see if some sites will be developed... Most of these xyz stays at same dns.

Last edited:
•••
guys plz get it thru yer thick membranes.. there is no xyz craze...there is just swetha the Bill Gates of xyz and the monopoly of xyz names in her 10k plus folio.

I'm happy she gets rewarded for her hard work.. but rest of fools like me and everyone else will never duplicate these profits with xyz.

it begins and ends with one person. live with it. cheers.

Last edited:
•••
guys plz get it thru yer thick membranes.. there is no xyz craze...there is just swetha the Bill Gates of xyz and the monopoly of xyz names in her 10k plus folio.

I'm happy she gets rewarded for her hard work.. but rest of fools like me and everyone else will never duplicate these profits with xyz.

it begins and ends with one person. live with it. cheers.
I disagree. There is no question that she had a head start but it is no different than Domain king buying up good .com names before others. It doesn’t mean that there are no more opportunities left for others to invest in this extension.

You just have to be smart about investments and follow trends. Xyz continues to get more and more traction in strong one word domains and I for one am excited to hear about the rise in demand for yet another extension. It opens more opportunities for domain investors

•••
but now I can sell them for 10-50k or more.
Awesome!! How many have you managed to sell in .xyz for 10-50k and did they develop them after they bought them? What were the names?

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Awesome!! How many have you managed to sell in .xyz for 10-50k and did they develop them after they bought them? What were the names?

Regards
I am gonna leave it in secret:)

•••
•••
She has more than 19000 xyz domain names. This info is easily available to anyone who can type dngear.com (not .xyz through)) into the url. She won't stop posting sales, because with this info she provokes interest and attention, so more and more people jump on xyz train, thus fewer names available and more buzz about the subject will instigate her sales even more. That's a smart move, I'd do the same.

Her sales indeed sound like ''wow'' numbers, however it is very much unclear how much she is making in reality. Sure she keeps most of her portfolio for years and it's unknown how much she spent BEFORE starting to make all these sales. Very little sales were recorded in 2019, for example.

Now, whether or not .xyz has a future. My opinion is that it will never become a new .com, but sales will go up, as the world digitalizes more and more, this tld is backed by large tech companies (alphabet.xyz etc), and imo somewhat of a decline of traditional and long time .com neighbours such as .net and .biz. It's unclear how fast it will grow, though.

Personally, I got a bit more than 120 xyz domains (one-two words and some 4-letters). I consider that investment to be a very small one, but definitely worth it, to see and monitor the situation with this TLD for next year. I wasn't even motivated with huge sales of DNGear, but more with @Bob Hawkes article on .xyz sales, and some analysis of my own. Let's see.

Happy domaining to all!
To be honest I had no idea she had that many.. That's around a $1M bucks of renewals every 5 years, right? Without acquisition cost.. But in any case, sales are sales, & I hope Swetha is the xyz success story many believe she is..

•••
In situations like this, arm yourself with this simple quote of wisdom. Quote unquote:

"You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks"
- Winston S. Churchill

In other words, Just ignore the naysayers and move on.
Very wise saying, you should follow a path that works best for you, that's for certain.

Here's another one...

better-a-cruel-truth-than-a-comfortable-delusion-quote-1~2.jpg

Here's one that really applies in this case, and it's paying off big time but not everyone can reap the rewards of it which is my big concern:

"Don't look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack!" — John Bogle

•••
•••
Why? What I mean with that "Unbelievable!" is a positive one like "Awesome!" etc...
to express the "great" amazement!
Since I am not a native English!
lol I'm joking my friend. Even the slightest whiff of doubt and the XYZ cohorts go mad.

I'm still trying to work out how this could be downvoted, but it has.

•••
Yeah you read it how you wanted to. I meant unreal - ie great, good, awesome, fantastic!! Thank God people are doing well with their domains. Nothing less...

I'm still not convinced about XYZ but that's another story that I've already explained many times.
Actually i totally agree with your opinion that's why i ended it that theses domains should succeed in future ...
Meanwhile she's making money and i think she's way covered her investments:)

•••
The question is why would you rather have abc.xyz over abc.com or abbccc.xyz over abbccc.com.

Because I am a human from this planet.

•••
That's the point. It's fantasy to pretend they have the same reputation, and yet some people are claiming .XYZ has a better reputation.

Another non-answer that answers the question. :xf.smile:
The point I said is about 5-10 years prediction It’s how I foresee it.

•••
... people buy .XYZ because the .COM is not available.

Not all, the number of those who understand that "xyz" has a broader meaning than "com" is growing day and night.

Last edited:
•••
If they haven't already sold to proper end-users, most well-known dictionary words .xyz are either reserved by the registry (with crazy one-time/renewal fees) or owned by @DNGear.

Very well deserved DNGear - all your hard work (and time) you have put into the last 5 years are finally paying off. Very happy for you.
Not sure any of that is true. Assuming all of her names are parked with Dan a lot of dictionary xyz names lead to other parking pages.

sunny.xyz, screw.xyz sunglasses.xyz sun.xyz socks.xyz dollar.xyz speak.xyz eats.xyz reality.xyz random.xyz

Last edited:
•••
She has established herself as one stop shop for XYZ domains and people from related sectors know this. A big achievement, just check Twitter specially people working in the DAO, NFTs & Crypto sectors and you will find many examples.
Great to hear. Please feel free to share the examples, I'm sure others would also like to see them instead if having to go rummaging on Twitter. I myself am unfamiliar with these sectors so it would genuinely be useful to have some context to each example.

Last edited:
•••
Can someone tell me, the reason behind this sudden .xyz craze? I didn't follow it.

•••

Attachments

• 31FEA1A9-BB18-483E-AA74-8705B9C4E13D.jpeg
    31FEA1A9-BB18-483E-AA74-8705B9C4E13D.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 149
•••
Web3. The big decentralization wave is coming (DeFi, DApps, DAOs, DEX, NFTs, etc.)
The governments don't like decentralization though so it may be decentralized but like bitcoin it will be regulated and monitored to within an inch of it's existence if any money passes through it.

•••
Before central governments have caught up with this trend, the decentralization waves have already changed the landscape so radically and fundamentally that things won't be the same anymore as they used to be.
Like with bitcoin, here in the UK if any company provides a trading platform for crypto they have to be registered and be regulated. They'll just come up with a catch all and bob's your uncle it's ruined.

Last edited:
•••
Web3. The big decentralization wave is coming (DeFi, DApps, DAOs, DEX, NFTs, etc.)
I see.. its related to blockchain/crypto projects then.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back