Dynadot

discuss ANNOUNCEMENT: Did we just change the entire domain marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ghosted

Established Member
Impact
Proposed New Meta:
1 Character International Domain Names with popular TLDs

Now, you're probably thinking this is stupid because the Unicode gets changed into Punycode. Wrong! Some characters within Unicode actually don't change to Punycode even change to Unicode if you type in their Punycode alias.

Example:
Go to π.com
Normally, a special character would revert back to it's Punycode counterpart. What happens if you go to it's Punycode counterpart? http://xn--1xa.com/
Oh, that's neat. It changes back to π.com
But aren't there emoji domains?
Yeah, there are but they aren't supported in every browser or email service!

Go ahead and test this out. Here's some of the characters that do revert back to the original unicode:
á
à
ä
č
ç
đ
é
è
ê
ï
ŋ
ń
ñ
Let me know your thoughts. If you want to know why and how to change the meta from crypto domains to these little guys, read my funny story below...

The How & Why?
You thought your two word domain that you overpaid for was going to be worth thousands just because it had one of these keywords: "meta, nft, coin" in it, right?... Yeah, you probably did and now here you are selling these crappy domains for less than the registration cost. This is because you bought the news way too late. By the time you got in, the people who pushed for crypto domains had already purchased anything worthwhile. Yeah, a couple of you may have gotten lucky. But, that's all it is-- luck! The why is not why, but why not? Why not enrich yourself?

Listen to my proposal and don't be lucky, be smart. If you didn't know, hype creates hype. How is hype created? It's coordinated subconciously after artifical hype is created. In other words, it's FOMO -- the fear of missing out. In a world where entitled brats with the newest iphones, prime delivery, the newest car, the newest soyboy funkopops, starbucks limited edition drink, kylie jenner's makeup handed to them on a silver platter they will not DARE miss out on collectively-built hype.

Did you know that most of these entitled brats who are the biggest pushers of hype literally celebrate a two-day period where they can go out and consume so much food that the gluttony alone would get them to Hell, followed by a day of Greed and buying as much as they can because they got a "good deal"? They brag about the deal they got, they create the hype for buying on Black Friday. You aren't convinced that they could create a new market worth tens of millions of dollars in a few months? Well, you're wrong. Look at crypto. Look at the stock exchange. Look at the niche markets of little trinkets of all kinds-- imported from their greatest foe. A people who hate them so much, their economy exists soley based on their consumerism.

I am a proud American. I love America, but do I love the consumerists of my country? Yes! They make me money to support myself and my family. Most of the post was just kind of a joke, but you get the point. Hype creates hype. Who knows how to create hype exceptionally well? Crypto shills! What methods do crypto shills use? American marketing technique. It's perfect. Hype!

Final Thoughts
Sorry fellow Americans, I just had to get the point across. I probably love my country more than a very large majority of our own population. I just had to bash the consumerism a bit because it is pretty disgusting. I had to use an allegory that can stir up some drama to create hype so my post will be viewed more to make the meta change happen.

Unlike emojis, SOME unicode character domains are shown in the URL in every browser and on every device. Hell, you can even type in the punycode and you get redirected to the original unicode. Emojis aren't even shown in every browser and you can't email an emoji domain on a large number of services. Some of the latin-derived characters are easily accessible on mobile. PC is even harder. but, since they domains actually redirect back to the unicode, website access shouldn't be a big issue if the network is built larger

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the thread. Have a great day :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're asking people to treat a turd as if it's a diamond...

I've got a better idea for a trend. Good 1 word .me domains.
They're already taken. Again, you fail to see the point

•••
Upvote 0
They're already taken. Again, you fail to see the point
No you're failing to see that people see the point. Create a trend..... But for things that are inherently cumbersome. Why not choose something that could be useful?

1 word .me are pretty easy to get hold of. I've been collecting them for a few years now. Last one I picked up the other day is anything dot me.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back