Dynadot

analysis Analysis: Developed .XYZ domains are of lower keyword quality

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Data analysis of popular domain destinations in the .XYZ TLD delivered some surprising findings.
Of the top 100 .XYZ domains, only 27% resolved to developed web sites; the rest produced DNS traffic by providing system tracking services, such as ad or pixel tracking...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Data analysis of popular domain destinations in the .XYZ TLD delivered some surprising findings.
Of the top 100 .XYZ domains, only 27% resolved to developed web sites; the rest produced DNS traffic by providing system tracking services, such as ad or pixel tracking...
Read More
So, author basically says, that ONLY 27% of top 100 .xyz domains are developed?!

That is only 1/4.

No wonder we are holding discussions about integrity, usecase, "developed-sites", etc.

Last edited:
•••
Why does top 100 matter? I'd be more interested to know how many .xyz domains are developed.

Last edited:
•••
Why does top 100 matter? I'd be more interested to know how many .xyz domains are developed.
The simple truth is that like NFTs, xyz needs to expand its use case beyond crypto and into everyday businesses. Adoption matters when it comes to being taken seriously and lots of names not resolving isn’t a good look (and I say this as someone who likes xyz).

•••
The simple truth is that like NFTs, xyz needs to expand its use case beyond crypto and into everyday businesses. Adoption matters when it comes to being taken seriously and lots of names not resolving isn’t a good look (and I say this as someone who likes xyz).

Totally! In fact, it is in everyday business already, but you're right needs to keep going.
Not sure # not resolving matters, as long as # resolving keeps growing.

Snoop Dog coffee company: indo.xyz

.xyz broke off their crypto blog posts to gen.xyz/bct and keeps posting regular after regular biz on gen.xyz/ww

private gym in NYC: ghost.xyz

it's happening! :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back