Not open for further replies.

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Or not?

How would you respond?

Screenshot_20190906_202337.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait, That's fake bids than..
"None of them will buy but they are going to boost auctions of every member by doing bid"
If they don't intend to pay their bids, It shouldn't be allowed.
And if the platform discovers it, Your account would be at risk too

•••
Wait, That's fake bids than..
"None of them will buy but they are going to boost auctions of every member by doing bid"
If they don't intend to pay their bids, It shouldn't be allowed.
And if the platform discovers it, Your account would be at risk too

Yes, a classic example of shill bidding and it amazes me that 'some' people fall for this kind of ***t.

•••
•••
Somebody made a comment on that post and called them out ... terrible idea, schill bidding, fraud, etc. The OP on the post said he was "doing it in a positive way." WHAT???? Obviously someone who registered crap names and hasn't been able to sell any.

•••
its a small community and word gets around - you start doing shit like that and your name is ruined

"people who can succeed will succeed. Those who can't find ways to cheat"

Last edited:
•••
Dead on arrival, no serious domainer will look at the write up twice.

•••
May all well ban you here and now.

•••
@DefinitelyDomains that is without a doubt unethical practice...

Why are you even starting a thread to ask opinion about it?

and very clickbait title you used for this thread...the title doesn't make sense once you see the post.

Are you the idea provider in this scenario ??

Thanks,
Ravi.

•••
If he were talking about no reserve auctions then it would be funny to see who amongst themselves is left holding the bag for what will likely be garbage domains! lol

But obviously the moment there is a reserve (particularly if it's hidden), then it's something specifically not allowed by most (likely all) auction houses and therefore indeed is fraud!

Not to excuse such behaviour .. but all domainers should be aware that while the auction platforms can do their best to prevent fraud, there is no 100% fool proof way to stop auction fraud completely .. so NEVER bid more than a domain is actually worth to you! (Or grab most of your domains at closeout .. lol)

All that said .. if it's a group of domainers with decent domains who make a point to check out each others auctions and do some early bidding at prices they are actually prepared to pay (above the reserve or no reserve) for the domains in question, then there is no harm in such a group.

I've personally seen some domainers I've been friendly with post a $1 no reserve auction, and if I like the domain and I think there's value in it, then I'm more likely to go check it out and make an early bid, specifically because I'd be happy to buy the domain at the price I bid. That is inter-domainer cooperation on a level I don't have any issues with. But never would I bid (or want anyone else to bid) above what I'm actually prepared to pay for the domain .. that's a very basic fundamental that nobody should cross!

The only difference as to why I wouldn't do it for an auction that wasn't from a community peer I'm friendly with, is because of the likelyhood the winning bid would likely EVENTUALLY be far more than I'd be willing to pay, so why waste my time (although admittedly .. sometime you get lucky .. lol) .. but in the end .. never make a bid anywhere for anything that you don't see value in acquiring at the price of your bid!

(I also agree with @vravis9 .. not the best choice of a title)

Last edited:
•••
your intention is Good but Idea is bad / Not Interesting / Not beneficial.
Generate Real Lead for business ; it is hard but way of success.
1 real bid is equal of infinite fake bid

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back