Dynadot

domains An analysis of European online shops and their domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact

Simone over at InternetX.com (an advertiser here) took a deep dive into the European ecommerce market. Analyzing domain choices around the continent. The importance of domains for online shops Domain names play a crucial role in creating and developing online businesses. First, from a technical point of view, they allow you to β€œreach” the shop […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Raymond. The analysis shows a high concentration of online shops in the Netherlands (where I come from) and a preference for the .nl ccTLD (obviously) as well as the .shop TLD. I've been testing the registration of <dutch_product>.shop domains for a few months now and have registered several hundred of them at $2 each via Porkbun (first year promo). Only when .shop was not available did I switch to .store, which I priced slightly lower.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks Raymond. The analysis shows a high concentration of online shops in the Netherlands (where I come from) and a preference for the .nl ccTLD (obviously) as well as the .shop TLD. I've been testing the registration of <dutch_product>.shop domains for a few months now and have registered several hundred of them at $2 each via Porkbun (first year promo). Only when .shop was not available did I switch to .store, which I priced slightly lower.
Thanks a lot for sharing!

Any offers or interest otherwise? If you are comfortable sharing this

•••
Interesting, I own both TLDs with a w3 (for web3) prefix to them. So:

.w3store
.w3shop

And if anyone every builds on top of them, I get 50% royalty. Boy, I sure hope web3 picks up and icann starts indexing these domains. No need to renew, just purchase and yours FOREVER, just as mine are.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back