IT.COM

discuss American express don't have amex.com ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Debasis

Established Member
Impact
Really. Am I seeing it wrong or everyone else.amex.com is redirected to nyse.com . AMERICAN EXPRESS . The AMEX is in the logo. How is this possible that it is not owning the AMEX.com.

?

https://www.nyse.com/markets/nyse-american

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it would be wise of them to buy this domain to avoid any phishing/misdirected customers, but you must consider the fact that sometimes owners of domains refuse to sell. Look at steam.com for example.

•••
It's owned by ICE - intercontinental Exchange

Doubt very much any fraud/phishing is going to be happening anytime soon as long as they own it.....

Last edited:
•••
Pretty sure Amex is also short form for American Stock Exchange....

Last edited:
•••
OP Will you have a stroke if you find out Apple doesnt own AAPL.com; afternic redirect wtf O_o

Samer

Last edited:
•••
OP Will you have a stroke if you find out Apple doesnt own AAPL.com; afternic redirect wtf O_o

Samer
No. aapl.com is crap .I mentioned the AMEX because in the logo of AMERICAN EXPRESS It's written AMEX

•••
•••
•••
I think it would be wise of them to buy this domain to avoid any phishing/misdirected customers, but you must consider the fact that sometimes owners of domains refuse to sell. Look at steam.com for example.
The people that fall for phishing are too stupid to know amex means american express, the scammer will use a domain with americanexpress in it

•••
The people that fall for phishing are too stupid to know amex means american express, the scammer will use a domain with americanexpress in it
If we concur to this logic then why would google buy google.net, google.org, googel.com? It is because these organizations are big enough that they are willing to pay to prevent this kind of thing. It's called looking after your customers, even if they are 'too stupid'.

•••
If we concur to this logic then why would google buy google.net, google.org, googel.com? It is because these organizations are big enough that they are willing to pay to prevent this kind of thing. It's called looking after your customers, even if they are 'too stupid'.

You are comparing phishing using google.net / to using amex ? You were already answered by the way why Amex does not have it. If it was available for sale they probably would buy it if getting it using legal threats would fail.

•••
Why do you have to worry about something that's not your business?
The answer is they are not Domainer nor Namepros member.
I think spending the time to help or buy/sell rather than looking at what your neighbor is doing.

•••
No. aapl.com is crap .I mentioned the AMEX because in the logo of AMERICAN EXPRESS It's written AMEX
man, i would want that crap. lol. :)

•••
Back