IT.COM

opinion Am I wrong to really like .ai domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Truespin Domains

Top Member
Impact
I don't own any domains at the moment, but I really like the ai extension. Feels fresh and modern when combined with a strong word.

Is it simply the cost that holds it back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's probably like .io newer extension makes it more expensive so demand is lower.

•••
•••
•••
Nothing wrong with liking any extension. I'm sure different interests and focus groups feel there's recognition in these identities But unfortunately most of the world doesn't follow your interests so wont be sharing your enthusiasm. IF your going to take a punt make sure it's absolutely a Rock-Sold 'Artificial Intelligence term. Nothing fanciful.

Price + poor demand for what really is a techie term is your answer

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't own any domains at the moment, but I really like the ai extension. Feels fresh and modern when combined with a strong word.

I like .tv. I am using one for a personal project I am working on. However, I don't have a single .tv for resale simply because sales data doesn't support it the way it supports extensions like .com, .org, etc, which make up the bulk of my investment in domains.

You can like anything. Same way end users like what they like. As long as you can tell the difference, you will be fine.

•••
I am a fan of "ai", ".tv" ...super punchy

My only caveat: One strong word with it - Not 2, not 3

Last edited:
•••
It is a very very strong extension and for equally strong keywords, the STR would be on par if not better than .io, but the carrying cost if very high, so you better pick very very strong names

•••
.ai has a lot of good sales, but many are not public
.com is undoubtedly the king, but the cost of getting it now is very high
I have a lot of good .ar domains and I hope to become as popular as them in the end

•••
.AI is hot, and I see a lot of single words developed. The biggest detractor for investors is the price, but there are some keywords I'd love to own in .ai.

•••

I also think he is one of the best

•••
Back