Dynadot

question Alternatives to Escrow.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed today upon logging into my escrow.com account that they are now requiring that all customers provide them with copies of government issued ID's. I'm not interested in trusting these people to securely store documents that could be used to steal my identity especially since they're now a foreign-owned company and also because they no longer seem terribly on the ball. Anyone have experience with some of the alternatives?

I know that snapnames and sedo offer escrow, but I've never tried either of them. Are they any good? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sedo
payoneer

can sedo escrow be used even if the transaction is not through sedo, but direct to purchaser? how long does it take?

is it still relatively ez, given dec 1 2016 icann registration change 60 day lock unless opted out first?

•••
can sedo escrow be used even if the transaction is not through sedo, but direct to purchaser? how long does it take?

is it still relatively ez, given dec 1 2016 icann registration change 60 day lock unless opted out first?

only then

us http://ureg.in

if you need to opt out of 60 days lock

•••
•••
•••
•••
As I know, Bido pays via PayPal and Wire...
Regarding ACH - ask them... I don't remember.

•••
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. What I meant to ask is whether you're able to disburse funds to sellers via ACH.
Yes, ACH is available - no charge.

•••
If you mean Bitcoin itself - ie a core wallet, then you need to enable SegWit, and use 3 party signatures. I was going to experiment with this, but haven't found a suitable buyer. The advantage of this is that you don't need to release the name until the funds are on the blockchain, and cannot be released until 2 valid signatures are submitted.

If you mean escrow services that accept Bitcoin, then the same rules apply as for using fiat based escrow services

@Kuffy

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-escrow-service-will-you-use-now.994021/page-2#post-5928614

•••
@Brandon Abbey

Questions:
  • If I already have a Payoneer account, what is the approval/verification process for Payoneer Escrow?
  • What is the approval process like for a new, one-time buyer?

Comments:
  • You should update the videos on your site to talk about Payoneer instead of Armor. Until then, there should be an explanation next to the video (not just 1-line top of page banner)
  • Your escrow-payments-faq needs to be updated with info about credit card payments.
Thanks.

•••
@Brandon Abbey

Questions:
  • If I already have a Payoneer account, what is the approval/verification process for Payoneer Escrow?
  • What is the approval process like for a new, one-time buyer?

Comments:
  • You should update the videos on your site to talk about Payoneer instead of Armor. Until then, there should be an explanation next to the video (not just 1-line top of page banner)
  • Your escrow-payments-faq needs to be updated with info about credit card payments.
Thanks.

Thanks Projack,

We will get the site updated, as you might imagine we have a lot going on right now.

If you already have a Payoneer account you will be approved for Payoneer Escrow.

As a new buyer with Payoneer Escrow you will be required to have your name, address and email entered into the system. That should take care of it.

Thanks,

Brandon

•••
Thanks Brandon.

I've gone ahead and registered a Payoneer Escrow account. The process was basically simple, although there was a technical glitch when connecting my existing Payoneer account to escrow. Tech support helped me through that.

There is, however, one remaining frustration, which I really don't understand. The support rep said that I do NOT have the option of choosing to have my escrow payments go to my Payoneer account/card, but only directly to my bank account. He said this was due to the fact that in the past one of my funding sources was a company that you considered "risky" - even though they are a well known partner of Payoneer !

I don't understand (i) why you approve payment partners and then penalize me for receiving payments from them and (ii) why there is any connection between WHO puts money INTO my Payoneer account (especially if Payoneer partner).

•••
Thanks Brandon.

I've gone ahead and registered a Payoneer Escrow account. The process was basically simple, although there was a technical glitch when connecting my existing Payoneer account to escrow. Tech support helped me through that.

There is, however, one remaining frustration, which I really don't understand. The support rep said that I do NOT have the option of choosing to have my escrow payments go to my Payoneer account/card, but only directly to my bank account. He said this was due to the fact that in the past one of my funding sources was a company that you considered "risky" - even though they are a well known partner of Payoneer !

I don't understand (i) why you approve payment partners and then penalize me for receiving payments from them and (ii) why there is any connection between WHO puts money INTO my Payoneer account (especially if Payoneer partner).

Can you send me a PM with the specifics in a PM and I will look into it. Thanks

•••
@projack

How you know that your escrow payments will go directly to your bank account?

I just linked my existing payoneer account to escrow account and under 'Account settings' tab it says my payout preference is Prepaid card.

•••
I guess that means you're configured to have payments go to your Payoneer account/card.

•••
I know, my question is how do you know that your payments will go to your bank account instead of payoneer account/card? What message do you get under payout preference in your escrow account?

•••
@projack

How you know that your escrow payments will go directly to your bank account?

I just linked my existing payoneer account to escrow account and under 'Account settings' tab it says my payout preference is Prepaid card.

If you would like to share the specifics either a PM or an email to [email protected] will work. Thanks,

Brandon

•••
@cloudguy - I only know because that is what the support guy told me.

•••
I would suggest using a company that is licensed to perform escrow transactions and transfer money. Of course I am partial and feel Payoneer is the company that can best provide these services. Send a PM or ask any questions here and we will get back to you. And we are a US company :)

Payoneer also asked me for personal identification documents as well which is why I stopped short of becoming a member.

•••
................There are laws in every country for personal character information disclosure. Escrow is a company, is not a website made by a kid during the night. They are governed by laws.

I am a company too, can I have your personal information too?

There are also laws regarding the protection of personal information............ and yet PII is carelessly given up.

Escrow is a company. Yes, so is Target, for example. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sed-warnings-in-epic-hack-of-credit-card-data and many other "companies" who are careless and negligent with personal information.

I dont understand why its OK to tell people to throw caution to the wind? If someone is concerned about PII potentially being abused, why is it OK to tell them to just do it? Its like we're in middle-school and we're being told that its OK to go and deface the bathroom mirror... nothing is gonna happen to you. Come on.

•••
The only alternative I tried so far was Payoneer , I can tell you the set up was clumsy, and they 100% Require Photo ID. Also, FYI not a huge deal, but they don't allow business addresses, only your residential address is allowed.

That was the point where I stopped filling out the sign up form. No one needs to know where I live unless I permit it.

•••
That was the point where I stopped filling out the sign up form. No one needs to know where I live unless I permit it.

Right on!!

•••
I get the feeling we are all going to have to give up our personal info very soon.

This seems to be the trend with escrow companies, registrars, etc.

What are we going to do when they all require this and there are no other options?

I guess we can give up the domain game or expose ourselves to identity theft.

•••
I get the feeling we are all going to have to give up our personal info very soon.

This seems to be the trend with escrow companies, registrars, etc.

What are we going to do when they all require this and there are no other options?

I guess we can give up the domain game or expose ourselves to identity theft.

Not sure where you located are but I am going to write a letter to my congressman here in USA. This is getting out of hand.

•••
I guess EU laws are strict on demanding personal info? I read that it is not OK in Portugal for companies to keep consumers personal data, also friend of mine from Poland told me that in Poland it is against the law to demand such info from customers, I mean ID scans etc.

We just need good escrow company operating under non-US jurisdiction? Sedo is very good atm.

Last edited:
•••
I guess EU laws are strict on demanding personal info? I read that it is not OK in Portugal for companies to keep consumers personal data, also friend of mine from Poland told me that in Poland it is against the law to demand such info from customers, I mean ID scans etc.

We just need good escrow company operating under non-US jurisdiction? Sedo is very good atm.

So if I sell a domain name privately (domain is not parked at sedo's servers), I can still send the transaction to Sedo? What would the fee be? Has anyone done this? I will check back later - have to run out. Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back