Dynadot

strategy Altering My Domain Business is a Challenge

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When I tell people my company owns around 500 domain names, some people think this is a huge number and others are surprised my company owns so few domain names. Compared to other pros in the domain investment space, this is a relatively small number. This number is actually higher than it was a couple of years ago, as I began an attempt to alter my business by increasing the size of its domain portfolio. This hasn’t worked out as ideally as I thought.
Buying thousands of domain names proved to be much more difficult than the model that has worked well for 10+ years. To alter my strategy, I would need to be somewhat less discriminating about the domain name I purchase. I would need to be more active in auctions and target far more domain names. I found that this was a major challenge as many names I thought I could buy for under $100 were selling for much more at auction. It was taking a great deal of time to find good values. At the rate I was going, bidding on auctions was not going to get me to 25k domain names very quickly and it would be very expensive...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think the number of names you own, is only relevant to how well you can manage them.

if you're selling enough or earning enough to sustain, retain and still obtain more names, to keep playing the game, that's all good

if you're not, then, it's time to....drop, da-drop,drop, drooooooop, some of them.

:)

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back