Replies:
Views:

Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ntmt

Ntmt Top Contributor VIP

User's Time:
    8:46 AM
    Nikul, could you share how you use GA data?

Could you share your strategy regarding registry premium .co? E.g. what is STR for this type of domains and what is the best price range to acquire premium .co? Or anything else you may share regarding registry premium .co?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Nikul Sanghvi

Nikul Sanghvi hypernames.co PRO VIP ICA Member

User's Time:
    6:46 AM
    You can provide your GA Tracker ID to DAN - and that'll give you access to traffic reports in GA. There'll be some bot traffic in the data, but you can try to filter out as much as possible. It's then useful to know what kind of traffic levels your domains are getting - and the quality of that traffic. And that could be a deciding factor in renewing or dropping.

One other example might be that an offer comes through a different platform or a broker service, you can check to see if there's been any kind of activity on the landing page. I would utilise 'Page' (the domain lander) and then use 'City' as a secondary dimension. That sometimes helps me narrow down who might be looking at that domain. It's not a perfect science but can be useful.

I don't have any kind of rigid strategy around registering these premium .CO anymore - because I think most that do have value will end up in auctions and backorders, rather than flowing through to allow for registration. Or the registry will reserve them at a much higher price.

Over the last few years (2018-2020), I've registered around 170 of them ($109 or $120 each).
    I'm pricing them at $5000 on average. In 2019, three sold for an average of $4300.
    In 2020, 15 of them sold, for an average of $3500.

So the sell through rate is good - but I think the quality of domain available at that price point today, is much lower than it was one or two years ago. I wouldn't try to replicate that again today.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  3. Nikul Sanghvi

Nikul Sanghvi hypernames.co PRO VIP ICA Member

User's Time:
    6:46 AM
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice